This time around, I've had heartburn, which I NEVER had with Madison's pregnancy. I've been sleeping on the couch, because I can put one of the coushins under the other one, so I can sort of sleep at an incline. Well, apparently that's not working anymore. Last night, I woke up around 2:30 with really bad heartburn, so I was drinking some water trying to rinse it down or something. After that didn't work, I tried drinking some milk, thinking the alkalinity of the milk would counteract the acidity causing the heartburn. Nope, no luck. So I'm sitting here at 3am on the couch thinking of what else I could try. I suck it up and try some tums. The thought just repulses me...I'm guessing it's like eating chalk. But I've never tried them, so I tried it. YUCK! But hey, at 3am, you make concessions! I sat there on the couch waiting for it to work and not 10 minutes later, I felt like I was going to throw up all of a sudden. I ran to the bathroom, and nearly didn't make it inside the bathroom (damn childproof knob covers!), however I did...but just barely. ugh.
Some got on my shirt, so I had to go upstairs, change clothes, brush my teeth and use some scope to get that taste out of my mouth. Not fun...especially at 3am! I went back downstairs thinking the only way I'll be able to sleep without the returning heartburn is on the couch seat, sitting up. So I sat up on the couch, which reclines slightly, even when it's not fully reclined since our couch has both seats as independent rockers/recliners. That was the only way I could sleep...SITTING UP!!!! That stinks. Needless to say, I was exhausted at work today and just couldn't WAIT to get home and take a nap. *sigh* After school, I stopped at Target to pick up some Zantac. Hopefully that will keep the stupid heartburn from returning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment