Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy new (model) year!

This is the one we got at BRU

This is the one Christy picked up at Target for me!

So January is the time of year when baby product manufacturers put out their "new" products of the year. Specifically, new patterns, so they clearance out the old patterns. We liked the Graco duoglider for a double stroller and the one I wanted, was silver and blue, and it was $160 at BRU, but I got a deal on it for $108 (because someone had BRU put it together, then it wouldn't fit in her car, so she had to "return" it. Since they already put it together it was considered "used" even though nobody ever used it. Then the lady I always talk to over there put it aside for me bc I asked her to hold one. When I got there, she gave me a 15% coupon, told me she clearanced it at 20% off bc it was "used" so she saved me about $60). Then on my birthboard someone posted about the old safari print of the duo glider being clearanced at target for $62. I called the one in Arlington, but they were out. The mansfield one had exactly ONE left, but couldn't hold it for me bc its clearance and they can't hold clearance items. So I raced over there and 10 minutes later I had it in my cart. Unfortunately, it rang up at $87 and when I asked why, they said different targets clearance their items on a different schedule. boo. So I called the one in Allen at about 9:55, right before they closed and the lady said they had ONE and it was $62. So my wonderful friend, Christy went early today right at 8am when they opened and got it for me!!!! woo-hoo! Now I can return this $87 one that I bought yesterday and save $25 more on it! So instead of paying $130 for the stroller, it'll be $62. Can't beat a double stroller for 60 bucks! That way Gordon and I will both have one in our cars and won't have to worry about having to move it from my car to his when need be. He'd probably rarely need it bc we usually take my car, so it might not be worth buying a second stroller for $160, but for $60 I can handle it! lol

No comments: