Madison is starting preschool full time Monday. she's been staying with my mom since I went back to work at 3mo. when we went last week to finish up some paperwork and make sure everything is set for her to start (shes been signed up since march/april), she played happily with the kids and toys, and didnt want to leave when we were done. She spent about 30 minutes there while I talked to the director and her classroom teacher. She just waltzed right in and played away. So the director suggested she come friday to adjust, etc. I thought htat was a great idea, bc im off until monday, so i could stop in and check on her. So we've been talking about school and Miss Jaime a lot. in fact, she didnt want to go to bed last night, she insisted, "I need to go to school now, see Miss Jaime!" lol
Fast forward to today. When we got there, it was still breakfast time, so they all go in the big room and they eat breakfast while the others who have finished play..in the same room. then at 8am, the teachers take them into the individual classrooms. NORMALLY. However, today, I guess was a bit different. When we got there, the teacher wasn't one she'd seen before, so I sat with her for a while, introducing her to the other kids, she hugged them, said hello and even walked over to go play with a little boy named alex. then suddenly she changed her mind, shook her head and ran over to me. that's when she transformed into a clingon!!! She wouldn't let go and eventually the teacher had to take her and let me walk away. The poor child was crying and screaming for me. She's NEVER done that! But then again, she's never been left with non-family, aside from staying at the YMCA daycare for an hour when my mom went to work out.
OH.MY.GOSH. Just hearing her cry like that just brought me to tears! I wasn't even apprehensive about leaving her this morning, when we were getting ready, but she just sounded so hurt that I'd leave her! I managed to get to my car before breaking down! I knew it'd be best for her if I just walked away, but man, that was heartbreaking!!! i did call about 30 mintues later and they said she was doing better, and that another teacher came and was holding her. then when i stopped by another hour later, I saw that she was doing fine, but they were still in that big room, not in her classroom. I guess there were so few kids there today, they just combined them and brought some toys in. So since she was doing fine, i went across the street and got a mani/pedi, whcih was nice. then i picked herup and she was happy, doing fine, but when she saw me, she came running over and told me her head hurt. the teacher told me some boys were playing near her and accidentally knocked her down and she hit her head on the floor. :( poor baby. first day and she's already got battle wounds! I know its bound to happen in a room full of kids, but it made me sad.
So i was going to take her to mcdonalds for lunch (because i picked her up bf lunch/naptime), however, she fell asleep bf we even passed our neighborhood (about a 20 second drive!), so we just went home. I keep checking on her, though since she did hit her head, but it is her nap time anyways and she DID wake up early, so i'm sure she's just exhausted.
I just hope Monday, on her REAL full first day, she'll do better! I couldn't stand to leave her like that every day!
As we were leaving, another teacher stepped out of her classroom and said, "I have to tell you that she is SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! She is just gorgeous!"....Of course! :P She was the teacher that came and took Madison when she was upset. She also said that she was surprised at how verbal Madison is. I told her we read and sing a lot and she said that Madison just spoke sooooo well! That's my girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment