Thursday, January 8, 2009

Making progress!

Today, when I took Madison to school, she was still saying she didn't want to go, but I told her when we get there, we'd get her blanket and she can lay on the couch with it. So we got there and she was walking in by herself, when another teacher walked by and said good morning to her, then she suddenly stopped, crossed her little arms and said, "No!". Spoken like a true two year old! lol Then I picked her up and walked to the big room. I put her down by the door and I walked across the hall to her own classroom to put up her jacket and get her blanket. I expected to turn around and have her following me in the room, but much to my surprise, she didn't follow me in the room. So I just grabbed her blanket and went to the hallway, where I pictured her just standing there with arms crossed. Even more surprising, was that she was nowhere to be found in the hallway! I peeked in the big room and Miss Rebecca said, "Oh, she left you! She's in here just chillin' out!" and she laughed. I looked in to find Madison standing over by the other kids, just talking to them and watching the others. I debated whether or not I wanted to go in and give her a hug and a kiss along with her blanket, or if I shouldn't push it and just let her be. However, I just couldn't leave my baby without saying bye to her! So I walked over, gave her hugs, kisses, told her I loved her and gave her the blanket. She said, "Bye, mommy. I love you" and walked off with her blanket. No tears, no clinging on, she was ready to go play with the other kids. So she's getting better! I know that once she's fine in that room, she'll be fine all day long. I didn't even call the school today to check on her! That's progress on MY part, too! lol

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow, though, because Miss Ashley has been in the breakfast room, and Miss Rebecca has been helping her these last few days, and she'd always coax Madison into staying and talk to her, etc. Well, today, Miss Ashley was induced and Miss Rebecca will be induced tomorrow morning. Therefore, Madison will not exactly have any familiar faces to great her in the morning. ugh...just when she was getting used to it. I did ask Miss Rebecca who was going to be there in the morning, so I could talk to Madison about her. So we talked about Miss Stephanie and that she is going to be in the big room tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll do okay because the kids are the same, even if the teacher changes!!! *crossing fingers*

No comments: