People up North must be laughing so hard. Today, school was cancelled because of the impending ice storm. It was supposed to be the "worst ice storm we've had in the last 5 years". So much so, that the district cancelled school the night before. Usually, they are the LAST district in our area to cancel school, and it's usually at around 5:30am or so, when I have to get up for work and start getting ready, THEN they cancel school. But this time, it was 10:30 the night before, so I actually got to sleep in! My dad had come to get Madison around 8pm or so, just in case the roads were icy...if Mansfield ISD was canceled but Arlington was not (highly likely), her preschool wouldn't have opened in time for me to get to work, so I'd have to take her to my parents house. So my dad just went ahead and took her to spend the night. Lucky for me, school got cancelled, and I actually got to REALLY sleep in! So nice.
Here is a picture of the "STORM" from my porch. LOL
This ^^^ is why we stayed home from school. I'm not complainin'...I'm just sayin'!


No comments:
Post a Comment