This morning after Madison's dance class, I went to a shower some of the faculty were hosting for our school's speech pathologist. There were lots of us there and it was nice. It's her first baby and she was so cute opening some of the gifts with a look of confusion as she said, "um, should I know what this is?" lol.
Then I went home and as I drove around the backside of our neighborhood, I found that they opened a new street that leads to my mom's neighborhood. Its not the most direct route, but it'd be a nice alternate route in the mornings to avoid all the traffic...it already takes a good 5 minutes just to get out of my neighborhood ONTO Debbie! Of course, this discovery comes AFTER I stop taking Madison to my mom's every morning! Oh, well. It still looks very new, they have those orange flags on the stop signs and they're not even tattered and worn, so it must not have been open very long.
I had a little while to rest after my busy morning before my own shower. My BFF Amers was hosting my shower at 2:00 that afternoon. I couldn't find Gordon or Madison when I got home, but then found them both passed out in our bed. I went to pick up my mom and we went to the shower. It was nice and I got to see some friends I don't get a chance to see very often, like Phyllis and Jackie. We played some games and Phyllis must be practicing her baby shower skills, bc she won 2 of the 3 games! Then we had cake- the BEST part! I don't even like cake that much, but I LOVE Costco's cakes with the cream cheese filling....mmmmmmm. My school used to buy those for everything...Boss's Day, Nurse's Day, Teacher appreciation Day, FriDAY, just whatever. Okay, maybe not just for a Friday....but it was all the time! So after we enjoyed the delicious cake, I opened presents and got so much cute stuff for Katelyn. Aunt Pat got me a frame, that said, "Big sister, Little sister"...just about made me cry!!! Darn pregnancy hormones! I got a lot of things for her nursery, so now I'm just about ready to be done with it. I just need to go to BRU tomorrow and get her crib set, and with my gift cards, that $169 set will likely cost me about $14. Yay! Katleyn has tons of diapers and cute outfits that are all her own...so she has SOMETHING new; not EVERYTHING will be Madison's old stuff! lol Although, Madison does have a lot of clothes that are still NWT that she never even wore. So she'll have some "new" clothes, bc the tags are still on them! The shower was a lot of fun and when I got home, Madison came running screaming, "Mommy!!!!", that's just one of the best sounds in the world! lol She said, "Mommy, you have pretty shirt on! You got bubbles?" bc the shirt had polka dots (bubbles, I guess?) and she hadn't see it before...it was a very preggo shirt, which I've been able to avoid up until this point, so I haven't worn it. I have been wearing maternity shirts for about a month, but this one was very obviously a preggo shirt! But I'm 8 months along, almost 34 weeks, so I guess it's about time!
After the shower, I was sooooooooooooooooo exhausted from running around all day. I just layed on the couch and fell asleep for about 2 hrs, until Gordon woke me up since I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I slept much longer. I was craving mac n cheese so he made me some for dinner and I sat on the couch pretty much all evening.
Whew! What a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment