Friday, January 9, 2009

Moving right along...

So the paint smell is pretty much gone from Katelyn's room. It's still sort of detectable, but it's not bad anymore. My friend Christy is coming down to put up the border for me tomorrow (because she's very much a perfectionist, like I am when it comes to things like that....and Gordon is, well...not. I know when there is a bubble in the border paper, Gordon would say, "eh, good enough" and I'd have to look at it for the next few years because I can't get up on the ladder myself right now. Whereas, Christy would say, "Oh, that just won't do!" and fix it right away! lol). She lives about an hour away, but is nice enough to drive down to help me fix up the room. What an awesome friend! Now, Gordon can put the crib together in that room...I didn't want the wood to absorb the paint smell, so it's been in the hallway, waiting for the smell to disappear. Then we can put the dressers in her room and Christy and I will put the baby's clothes and stuff in the dressers (which, honestly, still have some of Madison's clothes in there!!!) and then we'll be all set to put the finishing touches on her room! With 7 weeks to go, I really feel like we need to get moving getting her stuff ready! They SAY I'm due in 7 weeks, but you NEEEEEEEVER know!

I'm going to go up to school for a few hours Sunday to get some lesson plans written. I'd like to be about 4 weeks ahead or so from here on out, so if I have to suddenly leave, I know my sub will have some plans to start with. She'll be writing her own after I'm out, but I don't want to leave her (and the kids) hanging!!! *sigh* Maternity leave in teaching is SO much work!!!

No comments: