Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's beginning to come together!

This weekend, Christy came down and she helped me put up the border for Katelyn's room...well, rather I helped HER! LOL Now, it's all painted, the border is up, Gordon put one of the dressers in the room (we still need to get the dresser/changing table in Katelyn's room and Gordon needs to put the crib together). Then I can start on putting Katelyn's clothes in her dressers....and taking Madison's old clothes out! THEN I will really feel ready!

I had this very sudden need today to clean my (very dirty) car. It had TONS of crap in it, from books to play dishes to 16 water bottles and even a few jackets. So I cleaned out my car, and even took out Madison's carseat which hasnt been moved in nearly TWO YEARS!!! My car's seats had a serious indentation where her carseat has been! So I took this opportunity to change her carseat cover, and threw it in with the laundry. I put her extra carseat cover on it, that I just got around Christmas thanks to the BHB's great deals (paid $25 for a $70 cover set!). I also thought this would be a good time to really clean my car, which I did later...

So I went to work for a few hours, while the building was open (trying to get ahead; I'm trying to get myself about 4 weeks ahead in plans, etc from this point forward!). Then I stopped by BRU to pick up 2 going home outfits for Katelyn....well, actually 4. I got two different outfits in two sizes each. I got a newborn size as well as a 3month size. The newborn says it goes UP to 8lbs, and since Madison was just under 8lbs, and they say the subsequent babies are bigger, I got a 3mo size just in case! I had to buy 2 different outfits, bc it IS Texas and you never know what the weather will be like in March. Last March, it snowed. It does NOT snow in Texas. So if it's not freezing, I'll have her wear the cute onesie with cherries (on the booty!) and if it is cold, she'll wear the fleece long sleeve, long pants onepiece thing I bought....it's SUPER cute...it even has fake little ballerina slipper-like shoes on it! lol

After BRU, I went and got my car cleaned, and it was soooooooooo weird traveling with NO carseat in my car! It actually looked weird! lol When I got home, I put Madison's carseat in the car....FORWARD FACING for the first time in her life! AAAAAAnd, she is no longer in the middle, but on the right side, so I can see her from my seat. I put Katelyn's carseat in behind my seat, so I can see her with the monitor, since she'll be RF for about the next 2+ years! I have to say, it's very strange to see Madison's face from my seat. She was so excited to sit in her carseat...guess it's something new for her to be able to see what's up front. I did like having the car super clean. Before, when I tried to vacuum, I could never get under the seats very well because they wouldn't fold and tumble since her carseat would stop the seat from going all the way over. The bad thing about cleaning your car really well, is now I can see all the little bitty scratches and dents all over my car! Oh, well, at least it's clean.

So now, the car is all ready, just in case little Miss Katelyn decides to make an early appearance. pssst....little girl....psst, mommy isn't quite ready, so please don't make any plans on coming early! Now I have a definite list of things to do:

1. empty dressers
2. put dressers in Katelyn's room
3. put crib together
4. put Katelyn's clothes/diapers in the dresser/changing table
5. pack my bag (along with one for Gordon and Katleyn's clothes/paci)
6. get Madison's big sister bag ready
7. create Madison's big sister shirt, ready to have a picture inserted and be printed at home
8. get things at work in order to leave
9. get carseats in Gordon's car situated
10. oh, ya, get my prenatal massage scheduled!!!!!

I'm so excited and can't wait to see the baby! I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday, and my doctor likes to do a sono around 37 weeks to see the baby's position and everything, so hopefully they can make a guess as to the size of the baby.

I still can't believe after all this time, there are only 51 days left until my due date!!!!

Oh....P.S......Christy just told me on Friday that she's pregnant!!!! yay!!! How exciting!

No comments: