Friday, January 9, 2009

That's my big girl!!!

We were on our way to school today and I asked Madison a few questions, trying to get her ready for school:
Me: Are you going to go to school today?
Madison: ya
Me: Are you going to see your friends?
Madison: ya
Me: Are you going to see your teacher?
Madison: ya. (her) Name Miss Jaime.
Me: Mommy's going to drop you off at school and you can stay with Miss Jaime, okay?
Madison: No.
ohhhhhh, SO close! lol

We got there and she walked in from the front door and walked all the way to the big room...usually I have to carry her in or we might not make it down the hallway. We got to the big room and she let me give her a hug and a kiss at the door, and she walked right on in by herself! I disappeared from the doorway and watched from the 2 way mirror/window so she couldn't see me. She was just happy as can be and went to play with the other kids, smiling the whole time. THAT'S MY BIG GIRL!!!

Although, I have to admit, it almost made me a bit sad that she's fine and doesn't really need me to help her anymore, but at the same time, I'm proud of her for going in all by herself! That is the Madison that I EXPECTED to see the first day (The whole big room thing just threw her for a loop, I think). I'm confident that she'll continue to do well. I did warn Miss Jaime today that Madison woke up last night at 3am and didnt go back to sleep until about 3:30 or 4am, so she might be a bit tired and cranky. I called today around 12, right at naptime and Abby was in the office. She went down to check with Miss Jaime and she said that Madison did just fine all morning, and that she had just fallen asleep.

When I got there this afternoon, she was sitting at her table and as soon as she saw me, she nearly shrieked, "MOMMY!!!" and came running to give me a hug. She is just the cutest little thing EVER! It was treat day, so she got to choose a treat from Miss Jaime's box and of COURSE, she chooses the sucker. She had to have it right away, of course, but I told her to let me have it while she went to give Miss Jaime a hug, so she didn't get her all sticky. She was sort of reluctant to leave the beloved sucker for a second, but I squatted down and held it so she saw it and I told her I'd save it for her. She walked two steps away, then turned around to make sure her sucker was, indeed, safe! lol She hugged Miss Jaime and we left.

I'm just hoping she does as well Monday, though I'm not getting my hopes up too high. After being home for two days and since Miss Rebecca and Miss Ashley will both be out for two weeks, it might be a little hard for her to readjust. But she seems to love it and have a great time. Every time I ask her about school in the afternoons/evenings, she seems happy about it, so I think she likes it. She even got to paint yesterday and she loves coloring and gluing. They made snowmen that are on the wall and I know she had a ball gluing. When we do projects at home or at my mom's, she loves putting the glue on with the glue stick!

No comments: