Friday, I came home from work and Gordon tells me, "you're not going to make it to march" and I said, "I KNOW!!!! Why do you think I've been so stressed lately?". He said he talked to a friend at work, who has 3 kids and she said each time, she made it maybe 3 weeks or so after dropping. *sigh* that's promising. So I told him we'd spend this weekend doing as much as we can to get ready...luckily *ahem* there's no football this weekend, since next weekend is the Superbowl.
Wednesday night, I was telling him how stressed I was and how I'm SO not ready and listed all the things we need to do (see my to do list on previous posts) and he says, "Don't worry about it, all of those things can be done in about an hour or so. We'll do it Saturday". An hour? really? Is he smoking crack?! So I just think we'll try to get some stuff done and see how far we get. Fast forward to Saturday morning, as I'm about to take Madison to her dance class, I made him a nice "honey-do" list, which only had about 5 things to do and he says, "you expect me to do this in ONE hour?!" lol I just started laughing and reminded him that earlier this week, he claimed my extremely long to do list could ALL be done in an hour...and he just smiled that guilty smile.
So i went off to take Madison to dance, stopped on the way home at Home Depot to get the room darkening shade (which wasn't even ON my LONG to do list yet!) for Katelyn's room. They took forever, so 45 minutes later, we were leaving, but I still needed to stop by target and get some white sheer drapes for her room (also not yet on my official to do list!!!). We got those and on the way home Madison fell asleep. So Gordon took her upstairs and we began our busy day. We strapped the furniture to the walls, installed the room darkening shade, the valance and the drapes. My mom got there just as we were putting up the valance. She helped me unpack all of my shower gifts, put them away, figure out what I need to return/exchange, bring the bottles downstairs, put her 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes in her drawers/closet. I just have a lot of laundry to do now (new clothes/blankets, etc)! My mom took Katelyn's letters home and she is going to paint them for me. whew. what a day! While we were working, Gordon went and got Sonic for lunch....mmmmmmm!
Earlier, Gordon took the swing and bouncer downstairs. I thought it's important to let Madison play with them before the baby comes, because otherwise she'll just see it as a new toy that only the baby can play with. So she's been playing with them both, putting her stuffed animals and dolls in them all day long. I'm glad she has the chance to play with them bf the baby needs them!!! Oh, and Gordon also put away Madison's play tent and replaced it with her ballpit that we put away over the summer. She so loves that thing and now she's old enough/tall enough to put them in the top thing to let them spiral down the middle thing to fall in the pit.
Now I feel like we've gotten a lot done. A lot of what's left, I need to do myself. My new to do list is hopefully shorter now....let's see.
1. put Katelyn's clothes/diapers in the dresser/changing table
2. pack my bag (along with one for Gordon and Katleyn's clothes/paci)
3. get Madison's big sister bag ready
4. create Madison's big sister shirt, ready to have a picture inserted and be printed at home
5. get things at work in order to leave
6. get carseats in Gordon's car situated
7. oh, ya, get my prenatal massage scheduled!!!!!
8. put away shower gifts
9. get wooden letters for her name
10. paint letters
11. put up wall decorations
12. bring swings/bouncer downstairs
13. put painting box away
14. Write thank you notes from shower
I decided I'm just going to grey out the things I've completed, so I SEE how much we've done!!! lol Well, it looks like my to do list is indeed getting shorter, which is a good thing.
Tomorrow, after church, I plan on packing my bag, getting her big sister bag ready, getting Gordon's car situated with carseats, putting up the wall decorations and writing my Thank you notes and if I have time, getting her big sister shirt made on my computer. What a busy weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment