But as it turns out, the arlington mommy group was just leaving, one stayed behind and it was just us anyways.
The kids had fun, though! Here are some pics Jackie took of the kiddos! They love this plane!!! it rocks side to side and the propeller on the front really turns (though Madison turned all Diva on us and got annoyed when the kid (from the arlington mommy group who was still there) had walked by and spun the propeller! lol)

Madison being a diva...she's at the wheel and the boys are along for the ride! ;P

Madison very serious as she's "flying" this plane...Nathan looks a little worried!

Nathan looks like he's ready to jump ship...maybe bc the pilot is not paying attention! Diego and Ethan don't seem to mind!
We went to Chick-fil-a afterwards and I have to say I feel like leaving a tip for the lady there! She helped push a bunch of tables together for us, the cashiers took our trays to our tables (which is nice when i have my hands full with madison and carrying Katelyn in the infant seat), got us placemats, straws, ketchup, napkins, plasticware and any other random thing we had forgotten. She even came back later and checked on us, then later got us refills. I swear, she was better than some waitresses we've had lately!!!! lol Thanks, Peggy!!! The really awesome thing is, they're ALWAYS that nice and helpful at that chick-fil-a (on sublett and 360). When I took Madison to the bathroom, that lady had even come in the bathroom to check on a little girl bc her grandfather wanted to check on her! I even forgot my wallet one day and they let me get our lunch an come back to pay for it! Not many places are that helpful!
...and on that note, Madison is doing pretty well with potty training. She made it all morning in her undies. We went to Abby's, then to lunch, then to target, then i put a pull up on her at target as we were leaving, bc i knew she'd fall asleep on the way home and she's not nighttime (or naptime) trained yet. But I was so impressed and excited when she woke up from her 2 hour nap and was dry as a bone! So I put undies on her, we went to the doc for her to check Katelyn's ears again (they're both fine, Dr. Wallace thinks she's just teething, but said to keep an eye on it!), and all the way home without an accident! Hopefully she'll be fully trained by fall when she starts school. I don't want to pay for pull ups anymore and besides, when she starts her new preschool, it's cheaper in the "already potty trained" group of 3yos! lol
My dad took Madison to the Y with the kids tonight and they left around 7. By 9 they werent home, and instead of taking a shower, i was going to wait until she got home bc its easier to give her a bath with me, rather than leaning over the side of the tub tryign to give her a bath. But it was about 10 bf they got home. She said she was hungry, so i told her she'd have to eat her snack in the tub. I grabbed a pack of princess snacks and we headed up the stairs, then I noticed, her hair actually smelled good! So I kept sniffing her (yes, like a dog!) and tried to call my parents. My dad called back to tell me my mom had given madison a shower at the Y. I was ridiculously excited that she already had a bath! lol So I took her upstairs, read to her and she was out like a light! What a busy day!!!!
Looking forward to our lunch playdate with Jackie and Nathan tomorrow. We've kind of made that a weekly thing. We'll meet at the mall and if barnes and noble has a storybook character time, we'll do that, if not, we'll just have lunch, ride the carousel and go down to the toddler playground. Makes for a nice, relaxing playdate! I love that we've started that! See you tomorrow, Jackie and Nathan!


No comments:
Post a Comment