Madison and her star spangled glasses. I bought those for all of the kids and also got them all a foam liberty hat..didn't get any pics though.
See the HOLE burned in my foot?!
My cute little sparkler....her shirt says, "I sparkle for Mommy!" hehe
We went to my Aunt Pat's house and had lunch there, and Madison got to go out on the boat. She had a great time, but the whole time, she was holding onto her star spangled sunglasses...important things first, you know! (pics of her on the boat are on my brother's camera....maybe ill get them downloaded bf next year!)
After that, we went to Steve and Sandra's new house out in Venus. Sounds light years away, but was maybe 20 mins south of our house. We stopped by his house and bought some fireworks...just tame ones like sparklers, jumping jacks, smoke bombs, poppers that you throw on the floor. We were able to see no less than 6 different fireworks shows off in the distance once it got darker. Then we went out front and they were doing sparklers. I didn't plan on doing any, since I was holding the baby. Madison started doing a sparkler but it scared her when it kept getting closer and closer to her (they should make those things with a LONGER stick!!!), so she handed it off to Daddy. He gave me one and I was showing it to her. One of the sparks fell on the floor and I didn't see it. I didn't have shoes on, either bc I didn't plan on doing any of them. Well, I stepped on it, threw the sparkler down, hopping on one foot trying to get my sock of (did I mention I was holding the baby?) then Steve took the baby while I got the sock off. Steve said, "It burned a hole in your sock!" and I said, "IT BURNED A HOLE IN MY FOOT!!!" lol Wow that hurt. Oh, well, lesson learned. Do fireworks with shoes on!


No comments:
Post a Comment