After waiting allllllllllll day for my sonogram, I left school early, during my conference time, picked up Madison and met Gordon at the doc's office. We left Katelyn at my mom's bc when we brought her last time for the sono, at 9 weeks, it was quite difficult with both of them and there just isn't room for the stroller....anywhere! Besides that, Katelyn doesn't know what's going on, but Madison has been excited about the baby in my tummy!
So we went in and the tech is scanning the baby and doing all of the measurements. She asked if we wanted to know the sex if she was able to tell....um, YA! HECK YA!!! DYING TO KNOW OVER HERE!!!
So I usually try to watch and see if I can tell the sex of the baby bf the tech tells me. With Madison I saw it pretty clearly, and with Katelyn I saw it a few minutes bf the tech looked for it and told us. This time, I was watching all along, just waiting for her to figure out the sex. I must have looked away or was talking to Madison for a second, bc I didn't even know the tech was done measuring and was looking for the sex, but all of a sudden, I heard, "...and there are his boy parts!" to which, I reacted by quickly looking back at the screen (they have a tv mounted on the wall in front of the mom, so I can easily see what the tech sees), and said, "WHAT?!" and she showed me! lol Then she showed me his leg bone, etc....blah, not as interesting (I mean, I'm glad it's normal and all, but really....). I asked her, "It's really a boy? How certain would you say you are?" (even though I very clearly saw it) and she said, "I'd say 99.9% sure, just bc I'll never say 100%!". So I said, "Can I see it again?" and she showed me. She said, "here's the turtle shell and there is the turtle head". I heart turtles! lol ;P
Gordon and I were sooooo excited! We both wanted a boy, so we were beyond thrilled (and I was a little in disbelief, to tell the truth) that we actually are going to have a baby boy!!! After the sono, we went to Babies R Us to buy him something. Gordon picked out an outfit for the baby and so did Madison....of course, I did too! Madison kept picking up pink things saying, "We should get this for Katelyn!". Poor thing is SO used to everything PINK!!!! lol I even got a blue bib that just says "BOY". I posted a pic of that on FB to show everyone.
Before we went home, we went to target and bought Madison some blue nail polish. I sat in the target cafe and painted her nails. We went to my mom's to get Katelyn and I had Madison run in ahead of me. I didn't say anything, but just told Madison to show Mimi her nails. My mom just said, "oh, those are pretty!" thinking Madison just wanted someone to pay attention to her. So I kind of nodded towards Madison and my mom had this look on her face, like ummm, are her nails supposed to mean something? So I asked Madison, "what color are your nails?" and my mom got it, and was so excited!
Now we get to go buy everything blue!!!! We're sooooo excited!
I had to leave pretty soon after that to get home because there was a gas lease lady coming by for us to sign papers. She was waiting there when I got home, so she and Gordon had been talking...obviously talking about the baby bc when I walked in with both girls she said something about I'm going to have my hands full. I hadn't even had a chance to talk about the baby's name with Gordon yet...I mean we've had a name forever, but I wanted to ask him if we were still using the same name. When the lady was leaving, she said something about the baby and called him Andrew. So I told Gordon, after she left, "Well, that answers THAT question!" lol. So Andrew will be his name.
We decided on that name forever ago! I've always loved loved loved the name Andrew and Gordon always liked the name Conner. One day when we were discussing baby names, Gordon asked me what name I'd like for a boy. Sometimes, he'll just agree to whatever I suggest and just say its okay, but I wanted to know what HE was thinking of. So I told him I didn't know and he suggested the name Andrew Conner and the funny thing is, that is the exact name I was thinking of already!!! How perfect is that?! Most people have to discuss names forever and agree on one. It didn't take us long to decide on Madison (even though we decided we wanted to call her Maddie...but never ended up calling her that!), but took a while to find a middle name. I seriously don't like ANY girl names, so I just had to look at a list of names Gordon liked and picked one of those. We decided on Isabel for her middle name. With Katelyn, it took us about 7-8 months bf we could agree on a name. I was dreading the name picking process if this was a girl!!! I'd just have to let Gordon name her, bc I seriously don't like any more girl names...well, not any that we can agree on, anyways!!!! lol So, aside from the fact that I'm glad we're having a boy, I'm also thrilled that we don't have to go through the whole name picking thing again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment