Madison has been potty trained for 3 weeks now...not a single wet accident. She even tells me when she needs to go potty. She still has her GI issues, and we went to her pediatric GI doc last Friday...we're trying to wean her off the medicine she's on. So sometimes she'll try to poop in the potty and sometimes she goes in her underwear. The poor thing tries to go on the potty, but sometimes it just doesn't work! lol So in my opinion, she is fully potty trained, bc she will try to go, and knows when to go, but sometimes her body won't cooperate! Poor baby!
So we've been talking to her preschool about moving her up to the next classroom because the class she is currently in is a transitional class of twos and threes who are PTing. Since she's been dry at school for 3 weeks, we decided to move her. She sounded excited about going to visit another class, and I thought it'd be good for her bc they do more art/learning activities bc they don't have to focus on PTing.
So today, she spent about an hour this afternoon in her new class, since she'll be starting in there full time on Tuesday (since I'm off Monday, so she'll be home with me). When she first went in there, she just walked right in and started playing. I had just walked in to pick her up when the asst director told me she was on her way down the hall, so as I stood there, I saw her on the security monitor just walking in very confidently, so I told the asst director that I would come back. I stopped by my mom's house to pick up Katelyn (and watched Madison play just fine in her new class online), then went to target to pick up a few things.
When I went to pick her up, she was coloring and then she was looking at her old classroom (the walls are glass, so they can see all the other classes). Then she ran to me when she saw me, as always and showed me her coloring she was doing. Then the teacher told me she had asked to go back to her old class once, but other than that was fine. Then when I told her Miss Jordan was going to be her new teacher and she'd be in that class every day from now on, she said she didn't want to stay there. She wanted Miss Alissa. :( Even later at home, we asked her how she liked her class and she still said she didn't like it. I sure hope she gets used to it soon!!! She has done SOOOOOOOO well at this school and never cried or anything when I dropped her off...she was clingy sometimes, but never cried like she did when she was just starting preschool at 2.5yo this past January.
We'll see how she does on Tuesday! Wish us luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment