When you're in the first trimester or beginning of the second, not much has changed...well, for me anyways. I wouldn't say I "feel" pregnant or anything...so much so that it makes me a bit nervous going in for a checkup...waiting for the doc to find the hb to convince me that there IS actually a human being growing inside me! Sonograms make it slightly real, but to be honest, sometimes I forget I'm pregnant...like when I lay on the floor to play with Madison and Katelyn or when Madison sits on my stomach while we're playing. Gordon has actually had to remind me not to let Madison sit on my belly bc of the baby...oops!
I have been feeling "something" for probably a week or so now...maybe it's the baby? Who knows...too fleeting and too soft to really know for sure. But then last night, as I was laying in bed...I'm a tummy sleeper (THAT is the one thing I just couldn't wait for after having the baby each time....to be able to sleep on my tummy again! But, alas, nursing didn't really help that situation, bc then I was too sore!). So as I layed on my belly in bed last night, I actually felt like i was laying ON something...perhaps a pillow? So I really did check...nope. That's just the baby bump I'm feeling when I lay down. Kinda cool! I think I felt the baby kick as I layed on my belly last night (wouldn't YOU kick if someone was laying on you?! lol). Interesting...so now it feels more real, like I'm really pregnant now. Kind of funny that way...
Can't wait to see the baby again! We go on October 26th for a sono, and hopefully to find out what we're having...hoping the baby cooperates!
Not sure what we're going to do yet....I thought about instead of having a regular shower, we'd have a gender party. I saw it on line somewhere where someone did that. They had the guests show up wearing either a pink shirt or a blue shirt depending on what they thought it was going to be. Then they had some kind of games, finger foods like at a normal shower, but then they had cupcakes. These weren't any regular cupcakes, these were the million dollar question cupcakes! When they were baked she put a gumball or something in the middle of the batter, so when cooked, it was in the middle of the cupcake. All at once, the guests bit into their cupcakes to reveal what color the gumball or whatever, was inside the cupcake. if it was blue, that means they were having a boy and pink obviously meant girl. It looks like a lot of fun and a fun, new twist on a shower...not sure if we're going to do that yet...so we may not even be announcing the sex of the baby until after Christmas at a "gender reveal shower". hmmm....inquiring minds want to know!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment