Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch...and some shopping!

Today after Madison's soccer game, we got in the car and went straight to Flower Mound. Luckily, both girls slept the whole way! It was about 45 min North, so that was a perfect time for them to catch a little cat nap. We got to the road where the pumpkin patch was and cars were lined up forEVER....but I certainly know why. Today was the most beautiful, perfect day ever. Sunshine...but a bit overcast. Windy, but not cold. It was a bit cool in the morning, but warmed up a litte and was perfect even with a slight breeze now and then. I dressed Katelyn in her orange pumpkin sweatsuit...with the hoodie that has the little pumpkin stem on top! She wasn't even hot in it.

When we got there, we took Madison to the potty...unfortunately, that was a portapotty...so gross. Gordon took her in and I was prepared with a wipe AND purell when she got out. *shiver* After I thorougly sanitized her, we went and got her a funnel cake, because well, everyone needs to experience a funnel cake. So we found a picnic table..well, it was so crowded, we shared a table with another family...and we sat to eat our funnel cake, while Katelyn was in her stroller and I fed her. Gordon and I loved the funnel cake. Madison? not so much. Luckily, I had another snack in the stroller...so she had a granola bar. Oh, well...at least Gordon and I enjoyed the powdered sugared deliciousness!!! :)

After that, we walked around and took pics of the girls with all sorts of the wooden character cut outs. It was still muddy in a lot of places, but it wasn't gross muddy...until Madison walked over to see the horse. She had mud CAKED on her shoes. gross. That reminds me...I need to wash her shoes...and mine!

Then Madison saw the bouncehouses...."BOUNCEHOUSE!!!!!" She said! How exciting! So we went and waited on the mat thingy with her shoes off, waiting for her turn...it was the kind that she had to climb up the "ladder" then slide down and they did it one at a time...which is great bc those older kids don't mind trampling toddlers. After that one, there was an obstacle course one that she went on and really liked it. She had SUCH a fun time! I tried to take her to the pumpkin bounce house...there was one that said "for ages 4 and under" which I thought was awesome. Right about that time, Madison decided she wanted to go to the "house" which was like a wooden playhouse/jail. She was so excited to peek through the bars! lol There was a FIELD of pumpkins as far as we could see and we took lots of pics of the girls sitting in the pumpkins. Madison wanted to just walk all around the pumpkins, so I just followed her as she wandered around them. Luckily, she didn't ask to buy one! lol they're $16 for a nice, big one. But we plan on going to the church pumpkin patch tomorrow...the one we go to every year...so we'll buy one there.

On the way back we stopped at Fuddruckers for lunch, bc we figured Madison would love it...she LOVES LOVES LOVES cheese! Of course, wouldn't you know it, she wanted nothing to do with the cheese, and barely ate one fourth of her burger, but she certainly loved the seasoned steak fries! Again, on our way home, both girls slept, so it was PERFECT! I dropped Gordon off at home bc he wanted to watch the TX/OU game that he recorded while we went to the pkn patch, so I decided to check out the newest Sam Moon with my mom and the girls.

I picked up my mom and the girls stayed asleep the whole way there...so they probably slept 25 minutes on the way home from lunch and about 3o mins on the way to Sam Moon. They were nice and rested, so it made for an EASY shopping day! :) So we get there, and I'm getting my stroller out and unpacked and another lady told me the sign on the door says "no strollers on Saturdays". um, nice. Thanks, Sam! Luckily, I keep the Bjorn in my car all the time (soooo glad we took my car and not my moms bc i never bring that...always the stroller!). I shopped and wore Katelyn the whole time and Madison was SUCH a good helper and did SO well! We were there for at least an hour...probably a bit more. Not once did the girl complain or anything. She helped carry the purses we wanted, carried the basket, helped pick out some bows...she was just awesome! And Katelyn was just happy and talking the whole time, too. I even fed her in the Bjorn as I walked around shopping.

Welllllllllllll, about 25 bows, 4 dozen baby headbands (that was ONE pkg, btw!!!) 250 hair clips (several "dozen packs" of sleeves that had 1o clips on it), a random headband..as a treat for madison...and only TWO purses later...I spent about $100!!!! That's half the reason I could never be a SAHM...I love to shop entirely too much and spend waaaay too much money on crap I don't necessarily NEEEEEEED! lol I think it's fair to say I work to support my shopping habit!!! :)

Whew! What a busy day!!! We got home and Gordon was on Daddy duty! I went upstairs to rest...and actually got about an hour to myself! Hallelujah!!!! Very nice! Then I took Madison to my dad's to spend the night and Katelyn stayed here and she's asleep in her crib. Now, time to relax...and change my stuff to one of my new purses! ;P

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a fun day!!!!