Thursday, April 2, 2009

Katelyn Is One Month Old!









This morning I went to take Madison to school, and she did fine until we got inside and she decided she wanted her book from the car to take in her class. I told her she couldn't take it because the other kids would take her book or write on it. hehehe. She didn't like that, so she was crying, and I got her to walk in her classroom. Meanwhile, I had to hold Katelyn's carrier, bc if I put it down, all the kids will get all over her (and the doc said I'm not supposed to be out with her since flu season is still going on...). Well, as I was holding Madison's hand, trying to get her to calm down and talk to me and she was trying to get away, she slipped out of my hand and fell and hit her face right on the side of the table. Poor baby girl! So I went to get ice for her face (bc Miss Jamie was trying to get someone to come, but the director wasn't in her office or whatever. So I went and got ice in a glove Miss Jamie gave me. I kissed Madison's boo boo then Miss Jamie put ice on it, while I sort of made my escape. Then I stood in the hallway checking my phone that was ringing this whole time (it was the alarm ring, not a phone call). I peeked in the window, and Madison was sitting at her chair with her ice, not crying; she was fine. Then I realized the alarm on my phone was ringing to remind me of Katelyn's doctor appointment for her one month checkup! The appt was at 9:30 and by the time I checked it, it was nearly 10:00! OOPS!!!

So I called and since it was just a nurse visit for the Hep B second dose, I was able to reschedule it right away, so they told me to be at the Mansfield Hospital office by 10:15, so off we went! Katelyn now weighs 9lbs, 4.5oz, so she's eating well. I always worry that she's not eating enough, bc she nurses for so long, but only part of that time I can hear her swallowing anything. Sometimes I give her a bottle afterwards, just to make sure she's not still hungry and sometimes she'll take it sometimes not. Maybe I'll just lay off the bottle and trust that she's eating enough. I'll still give her a bottle at night though, bc then I can feed her and quickly get us all back to sleep knowing exactly how much she ate!!! She cried right after she got the shot, of course...she was happy as can be, then all of a sudden her face was like, WTH?! Then she was just pissed! lol But she recovered quickly; I fed her right after that...I remember that I always nursed Madison in the exam room for a few minutes after each vaccination to soothe her.

Then I called my mom and we went to babies r us to get some diapers and check out their Easter dresses (then I remembered we bought a dress a week or two ago....wonder where it is?!). Then we went to Cici's for lunch and now Katelyn is asleep, so I'm going to try to take a little nap for a half hour or so, then pick up Madison. I know she has SO much fun at school (once she gets past the dropoff crying part!), so I know she doesn't mind being there for a little bit longer.

off to sleepyland...

No comments: