Let's start out by saying that April is a BUSY month for us. Here is the rundown in case you're wondering:
April:
1: my cousin tony's anniversary
11:Gordon's bday
14: my cousin Amira's bday
18: my mom's bday
21: my bday
22: My Aunt Pat and Uncle Elias' anniversary
24: my brother's bday
28: my brother's anniversary
Instead of celebrating each one individually, we now just get together once for the month with a cake that says "happy april!" and that pretty much covers it all! lol
So today was my birthday, and now, I'm officially "Over 30" as my BFF, Amers, was nice enough to point out. Very nice. Thanks. lol Gordon and I got up and took Madison to her class at pump it up. She had such a great time, especially since she was the only other kid there besides the teacher's kid, so they pretty much had the run of the place. Usually at bouncehouse places, she gets trampled/knocked down by the big kids. She was extremely shy at first, when they were doing circle time, singing songs, etc. They sang 5 little ducks among other songs this morning and Madison sang it all day long! Once they moved into the bouncehouse portion, she perked right up and jumped right in. They played sharks and minnows then played red light green light. They hopped like bunnies, slithered like snakes, etc. This week's theme was animals, obviously! They got to go on the BIG slides and I so wish I caught Madison's face on camera when she slid down the first one. She went sooooo fast and her face was priceless! She kept wanting to go back more! We went back to the first room and they did bubbles and popped them with their pig noses and bird wings, etc. They even got out the parachute, which Madison loves...she uses it at her dance class, too. That reminds me, I bought her one after christmas (gotta love clearance sales!) now I just need to figure out where I stashed it!!! When we were done Gordon and I stopped by the new daycare center across the street from our house. I toured it a while back and I like it, but I wanted him to be able to see it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her current preschool teacher, Miss Jamie, but once Madison is 3 yrs old, she'll go to a new classroom, where Miss Heather is the teacher. To say I am NOT impressed by that teacher is an understatement. So we'll have to change centers since her current preschool is such a small center, such that there is only one class for each age group. *sigh* I'm secretly hoping Miss Jamie goes up to the threes classroom! lol
After that, we didnt want to push our luck and have lunch with a sleepy toddler, so we went home and let Madison take a nap. It was only 10:30, so I figured a 2 hr nap would be perfect timing. Well, the best laid plans.......*sigh*
Madison didnt actually fall asleep until about 11:30, gordon went to take a nap and Katelyn was asleep. ahhhh, "me time"! Then I fed Katelyn around 1:30, gordon and Madison got up and we were out the door by 2:00. By 2:30 we had just sat down at Buck n loons, ordered our drinks and got settled when my mom called. Her new car stalled in the middle of the highway...though thankfully, it was the part of the highway that was just a 2 lane road, where the highway was actually ended, so i guess it wasnt actually the highway. We left the restaurant, drove to our house to get a gas can and jumper cables, went to fill it with gas and found my mom. She was stranded in the middle of the lane, but by the time we got there, a police officer had pushed her van off the road, onto the shoulder. We put the gas in it but it wouldnt start, so gordon ran back to the gas station, filled the can again and came back to put it in her van. Then it started, just barely, after a few seconds. He drove it to the gas station and mom and I followed in my car. Thennnnnnn, we went back to the restaurant for our um, lunch? dinner? linner? Who knows. it was 3:45...what woudl you call THAT meal?! lol
After that we stopped by babies r us to scope out their swings...my mom's died and she needs one for when she watches Katelyn. The one she had was the one joey and heather bought for christian almost 7 yrs ago and its um, well loved. I am too cheap to pay full price for anything, so I was waiting to find a coupon to buy a new swing. I had to return something there today and when I did i asked for a coupon (which they are handing out at the registers, and they cpns are good in about a week or two). The dumb B was hording the coupons and wouldn't give me one. Here was my conversation with her:
Me: Can I have one of those coupon books?
Dumb B: ya, at checkout
Me: (thinking, isnt THIS the checkout?!) Well, I wasn't buying anything today, just returning that dress
Dumb B: well, then no.
Me: I can't have one?
Dumb B: When you buy something you can
Me: (knowing that they hand those out left and right, and even hand out 3-4 of them when I buy something...they just can't get rid of them fast enough, normally!) Are you kidding?!
Dumb B: No
Me: (nice and loudly so Dumb B can hear me, as I was "talking" to Gordon) Wow. That is incredibly idiotic. What the hell? I'll just get one from my friend.
So we walked over to the baby gear section where my "friend" (read: the lady who works there and knows me incredibly too well since I've shopped there too much!!!), Navella works. I told her I needed a favor and explained what happened to which she replied, "What?! I'll take care of you, baby. Here's you a coupon, sweetheart!" and her friend Angela walked up and upon hearing her retell the story, she said, "well, I guess they make up their own rules up there! lol". Navella said, "oh, I've always got a coupon back here for you, honey!" and Angie said, "I keep some over by the baby registry area". So next time I need a coupon, I'll hit up my buds at BRU!!!
Did I mention the lady at the returns counter was a Dumb B?! ugh, I swear, she acted like giving out coupons would affect her own pocket! Dumb B...I just wanted to walk by and flaunt the FIVE coupon books Navella gave me...but I didn't. I would like to say I am too mature for that....but I was chasing Madison through the store, and besides, Gordon would have been mortified. On a side note, Gordon went to purchase a formula dispenser that I remembered I needed on the way out, while I was chasing Madison. The only register open was Dumb B's. When we got in the car, guess what was in the bag. Yup. The precious coupon book...and not just one, but TWO of them! ugh. I think she was just on a coupon weilding power trip! So now I have my coupons, but they're not good until May 1st, so I'll go back and buy mom a swing for her house.
When we went to my mom's house that evening while Gordon went bowling, she had made me a cake for my birthday. Heather came over with the kids and when my dad got home, we blew out the candles, after the kids sang...well, actually the kids blew out the candles for me. But that carrot cake was YUMMMMMMY!
We got home just in time for Gordon to get home and he lit candles and we did my birthday cake (which we ran out of time to do before bowling, since we had to leave the restuarant to go help my mom). He had bought me an ice cream cake and Madison and Gordon sang to me and she blew out my candles for me. She has had WAAAAAAY too much cake lately! Luckily, she went right to sleep, so I hope she sleeps all night!
Madison has a doctor's appointment with a pediatric GI doc tomorrow at Cook Children's in Ft. Worth. That will make for a loooooong afternoon. But that's okay bc tomorrow night is Mom's Night Out with my playgroup moms! We're going to Pappasito's for fajitas and MARGARITAS!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment