...okay, maybe just in my own little world.
Today, Madison started crying around 6am (but I'm later told by Gordon, that she was stirring since he left around 5:30) and nothing would please her. She decided she wanted to take a bath and since she needed one, I sure didn't fight it! lol Katelyn was still asleep, so I got Madison in the bath, let her play (aka: entertainment!!!) while I woke up Katelyn (I know, i know, what was I thinking waking a perfectly peaceful sleeping baby?! lol). I fed Katelyn while Madison played in the water. I put the old bouncy seat in the bathroom and the angel, Katelyn let me put her in it while I washed Madison. She did so well, that I decided to push my luck and I jumped in there too and took a quick shower, knowing at any moment this house of cards might come crashing down! She dropped her paci once, and was wimpering, so I got out all wet and cold and gave it to her (notice she LIKES the paci now!!!!) but was able to finish my shower, get dressed, makeup and all...even brushed my hair all at once!!! That usually happens in several spurts, in between picking up and rocking Katelyn, etc. Then I was even able to get Madison out, dressed, downstairs and eating breakfast and Katelyn was still content. Some of that time was in my arms, but only when we went downstairs and even then, she let me put her in the swing while I got Madison's breakfast. Again, deciding to push my luck, I thought, "well, I'll just give Katelyn a bath, too, while Madison is contained and occupied eating breakfast and watching Sesame Street!". So I picked up a SLEEPING Katelyn from the swing (again, what is wrong with me? Waking a sleeping baby twice within the hour?!). So I gave her a bath (ended up spilling a bunch of water from the tub sprayer on the floor...very nice), got her dressed and put her back in the swing and she fell asleep.
So there it was. A miracle. It was 7:30 am and all three of us have had a bath, eaten breakfast and gotten dressed, even! Imagine that! It only took 6 weeks to master the art of 2 kids in the morning! lol
Madison decided around 9am that she was tired, and needed to go to sleep. Nice, right? Ya, well, she is two and all....so she decided that she wanted to sleep in MOMMY'S bed, not her own. Eh, small sacrifice for a peaceful day, so I let her. Now she has been sleeping for about an hour, Katelyn is still asleep in her swing (has been there for about 3 hours...nearly time to wake up to eat) and I'm catching up on my blog, while enjoying a snack of cheese and crackers......where is the wine? Just kidding...I don't like wine, it just seems like it should go with this cheese and crackers!!!
Today, Madison started crying around 6am (but I'm later told by Gordon, that she was stirring since he left around 5:30) and nothing would please her. She decided she wanted to take a bath and since she needed one, I sure didn't fight it! lol Katelyn was still asleep, so I got Madison in the bath, let her play (aka: entertainment!!!) while I woke up Katelyn (I know, i know, what was I thinking waking a perfectly peaceful sleeping baby?! lol). I fed Katelyn while Madison played in the water. I put the old bouncy seat in the bathroom and the angel, Katelyn let me put her in it while I washed Madison. She did so well, that I decided to push my luck and I jumped in there too and took a quick shower, knowing at any moment this house of cards might come crashing down! She dropped her paci once, and was wimpering, so I got out all wet and cold and gave it to her (notice she LIKES the paci now!!!!) but was able to finish my shower, get dressed, makeup and all...even brushed my hair all at once!!! That usually happens in several spurts, in between picking up and rocking Katelyn, etc. Then I was even able to get Madison out, dressed, downstairs and eating breakfast and Katelyn was still content. Some of that time was in my arms, but only when we went downstairs and even then, she let me put her in the swing while I got Madison's breakfast. Again, deciding to push my luck, I thought, "well, I'll just give Katelyn a bath, too, while Madison is contained and occupied eating breakfast and watching Sesame Street!". So I picked up a SLEEPING Katelyn from the swing (again, what is wrong with me? Waking a sleeping baby twice within the hour?!). So I gave her a bath (ended up spilling a bunch of water from the tub sprayer on the floor...very nice), got her dressed and put her back in the swing and she fell asleep.
So there it was. A miracle. It was 7:30 am and all three of us have had a bath, eaten breakfast and gotten dressed, even! Imagine that! It only took 6 weeks to master the art of 2 kids in the morning! lol
Madison decided around 9am that she was tired, and needed to go to sleep. Nice, right? Ya, well, she is two and all....so she decided that she wanted to sleep in MOMMY'S bed, not her own. Eh, small sacrifice for a peaceful day, so I let her. Now she has been sleeping for about an hour, Katelyn is still asleep in her swing (has been there for about 3 hours...nearly time to wake up to eat) and I'm catching up on my blog, while enjoying a snack of cheese and crackers......where is the wine? Just kidding...I don't like wine, it just seems like it should go with this cheese and crackers!!!
My sleeping angels
Hopefully Madison will wake up in a good mood. Since she took a nap so early, this means she'll be tired about mid-afternoon, which wouldnt really matter, except we have a playdate at Ethan's at 3pm, so she'll be nice and cranky, I'm sure. *sigh* What can you do? Wish us luck and a peaceful day!
edited this evening to add:
Whoa! Stop the presses....I even got a nap today!!!!!!! I slept abotu an hour and a half to two hours, even!!!! I'm not sure that has EVER happened with both girls sleeping long enough, simultaneously for me to get stuff done AND take a nap! Maybe I should just buy a lottery ticket while I'm at it!!!
Unfortunatley, Katelyn didn't do so well when I left her with my mom. She was there for 3 hours, and just barely fell asleep before I picked her up. :( that makes it hard to leave her knowing she's not calm the whole time! So thanks, mom for watching little miss high maintenance!
edited this evening to add:
Whoa! Stop the presses....I even got a nap today!!!!!!! I slept abotu an hour and a half to two hours, even!!!! I'm not sure that has EVER happened with both girls sleeping long enough, simultaneously for me to get stuff done AND take a nap! Maybe I should just buy a lottery ticket while I'm at it!!!
Unfortunatley, Katelyn didn't do so well when I left her with my mom. She was there for 3 hours, and just barely fell asleep before I picked her up. :( that makes it hard to leave her knowing she's not calm the whole time! So thanks, mom for watching little miss high maintenance!


No comments:
Post a Comment