Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is it bad?

Is it bad that I'm a little glad...well, not exactly glad, but more like relieved...that I had to give Madison Benadryl tonight? She has some sort of itchy thing, like maybe a reaction to an antbite? It was right at both ankles and they were swollen, raised areas. She was scratching them, so I put cortizone ointment on them and gave her benadryl. I looked 10 minutes later and she was out cold, because first of all, it was late...9:15 or so, and she was tired anyways, but also bc benadryl knocks her out! I'm sad that she's itching and it looks like she got bitten, but that's slightly a relief to me bc I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired!

My house was just a mess today, after 5 weeks of sort of keeping the house clean, since Katelyn was born. But I've just let it get so cluttered. So today, I had my mom come over just to watch Katelyn bc it's incredibly hard to clean with one hand since Katelyn likes to be held ALLL the time! Katelyn actually slept in the swing so well today...probably for at least an hour and a half or two hours!!! Meanwhile, mom helped me clean. We cleared off the dining room table, cleaned the frontroom from all of Madison's toys. I put all of Madison's toys in the bins in the living room, and moved that thing by the TV. Now my living room looks so much better bc the swing and bouncy seat are now against the wall, not in the middle of the room anymore!!! Add in some laudndry and that ws a busy day...then it was time for Madison's preschool Easter party/egg hunt. But not before a quick trip to Target. We got Miss Jamie a little something for Easter, and then Katelyn went to visit Mimi.

Madison's preschool party was great. She got a plate FULL of all things sugary! There was way too much on her plate: cookies, cupcakes, chips, candy, marshmallows, rice crispy treats, peeps, jelly beans, fruit, sandwhich triangles, crackers, not to mention a juice box!!! She didn't finish even a fourth of it, but she loved it. While they ate, the parents went out to "hide" the eggs on the playground and when they went hunting, Madison loved finding all of the eggs. She kept stopping to open the eggs, though. It was neat and she loved having Gordon and me both there. I was a little worried, though, bc at the Valentine's party, Gordon and I were both in the classroom, and the kids came in from playing on the playground. Madison saw me, then looked and saw Gordon on the other side of the room, and turned around, ran to the wall and started crying. It seemed like she was just really tired and I think the shock of seeing not one, but both of us in her room, unexpectedly sort of threw her for a loop! But she did great this time. I'm really glad we can both be there for her like that; I feel bad for the other kids who don't have any parents attend the parties, but I guess they have to work normal work hours.

When we left her party and walked outside, there was smoke so thick, you could feel it when trying to breathe. It smelled so badly of smoke and was just hazy all around and made my eyes sort of burn a little. I figured there must have been a fire nearby. Wrong! Later, I found out that it was the result of grass fires in Weatherford, on the OTHER side of Fort Worth! That is incredibly far away!!! It's atleast 30 miles away from here! That is so far for the smoke to travel! Apparently, there were firefighters from surrounding counties trying to help put out the fires.

A friend of mine, Julie, was celebrating her birthday, so we went to Gloria's for dinner and drinks. Gordon was bowling, so I left the girls with my mom and Michelle met me at my house so we could drive together. It was great, we had a wonderful time and it was great to get out and hang out with the girls all by myself! I even had a drink...well, maybe I had two! I haven't had a drink in about a year...maybe two, since we were trying to get pregnant! I just had two amaretto sours, which is probably the weakest drink I know! lol Unfortunately, after only one drink, I started feeling it! That shows how long it's been! I've been really wanting a schooner margarita from On The Border, but geez, those things are strong when you're USED to drinking...I'm sure it'd knock me over if I tried one now!!!

So THAT is why I'm a little relieved Madison needed Benadryl...I've been cleaning all day, runnign all day, I'm tired, and the drinks really made me more tired! Katelyn just ate, so I just might go to bed and wait for her to let me know it's time to get up again!!!! :)

No comments: