Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Daddy's on his own!

Today, Katelyn is 6 weeks old and it is the FIRST time Gordon has been left with Katelyn on his own....and for a few hours even! He and Katelyn did great!

Katelyn is a great sleeper...she'll wake up to eat about every 3-4 hours, so it's totally tolerable. However, she does like to be held all the time. She doesn't always cry, she just seems like she can't get comfortable and she's just restless. She hated the paci, but she's gotten better at it. She responds well to me, I can usually calm her down, but she doesn't respond as well to her dad or even to my mom...which I'm hoping changes quickly, bc Gordon and I are going to Vegas for 5 days in June, so she'll be staying with my mom along with Madison. I'm sure by the time she's 3 months old, she'll be more calm and my mom will be able to take care of her just fine.

I went to a playdate today and told my friend, "We can only stay until Gordon calls and needs me home!". I expected to only stay for a little while, but to my surprise, we actually got to stay about two and a half hours, until I was ready to go home bc it was getting to be dinner time! Madison was having such fun, I would have hated to have to leave. I didn't even call on the way home, bc I expected Gordon to be frustrated and to hear Katelyn crying/whining. Much to my pleasant surprise, she was asleep when I got home and he seemed perfectly fine! lol I'm so glad she did well with him. What a relief!

No comments: