Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

Happy Easter to everyone!!!

Here are the eggs my mom hid for their Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Mimi and Papa's house...all 400 of them!!!

Here is Katelyn on Easter at almost 6 weeks.
Here is Madison in her Easter Dress

and my attempt at taking a pic of the sisters together...Katelyn was NOT thrilled and poor Madison isn't sure what she should do!
Wow. Today we woke up for Easter to a freezing day outside! The nice sleeveless dresses (matching, of course...the cutest dresses ever!) I got the girls don't exactly work in cold weather! So Madison had to wear a sweater over her dress, and since Katelyn was just in her carrier, I threw a blanket over her. We went to church, then dropped the girls off at my mom's house. Gordon's birthday was yesterday, so we went to see Fast and Furious and went to lunch at Hoffbrau for his bday. After we picked the girls up from my mom's we had to stop by Kroger to get a few things. By the time we got there 5 minutes later, they were both asleep, so I just ran in real quick and we got home while they were still sleeping. Even Gordon got to take a nap...i guess i could have, but I had other things to do! I had to wake everyone up around 4:15 because we were supposed to be at Uncle Elias and Aunt Pat's at 4:30-5pm for Easter dinner kind of thing. Well, first of all, Madison didn't get more than an hour's nap, plus I had to WAKE her up. Waking her up from a much needed nap=grumpy little girl! So we got there a bit late, probably about an hour late, but that's okay, bc we're on Farah time! lol

Of course, it didnt help that today was so busy, I didnt really have time to give the girls their Easer baskets. I put them together and put them out while everyone was asleep. Not that Katelyn NEEDED anything, and she wouldn't know the difference if she didn't get an Easter basket, but mommy guilt wouldn't let me do that! So she got bottles, formula and some pacis in her basket. Madison got the typical Easter fare, including a fairy bunny, which is a typical chocolate bunny, but with fairy wings! I've bought her that every year since she was born, bc it's too cute and this year, she's really into the whole fairy/princess thing, so I thought she'd like it.
Here are their baskets waiting for them to wake up and come downstairs! (this is the "yellow cradle" that is often referred to on my blog, in case you're wondering! It glides back and forth, but we don't usually turn it on; she just likes to lay in it.)

Katelyn's basket
Madison's basket, complete with Fairy Bunny!
I also intended to give her this little tikes bouncehouse that I bought on sale over the summer. I originally planned to give it to her for her to play with (read: a distraction) when her little sister was born, in an attempt to stave off jealousy and make her feel like she got something special! However, as we all know, circumstances of Katelyn's birth certainly didn't go as planned, and much to my relief, Madison does not act jealous at all; quite the opposite in fact. She LOVES her baby sister! So the bouncehouse kind of got forgotten about. Then I hoped to have it out for Easter Day, but again, the busy day got in the way as we were on the run since Saturday's egg hunt at Mimi and Papa's. So I forgot to give it to her! oops! Well, here it is anyways:




Maybe we'll put it up in the backyard soon!
So when Madison was woken up from her short nap, she played with her basket a little, but of course, was upset bc we only had a few minutes to play with it before we had to leave. We didn't get to do an egg hunt at home, but that's okay, bc she's had entirely too many egg hunts this year: at church, at the Y, at Bass Pro, with her playgroup, at preschool, at Mimi and Papa's house (got 100 eggs...oh, my!!!)! Annyone want some of this candy? PLEASE???

The kids all had a great time, and Madison had fun playing with her cousins and playing with Aunt Amira's old barbies! I brought her jammies, so we put her in that before going home. I sent Gordon home with her since it was getting late, but I was waiting for my dad to come over after work. I rode home with my mom an hour or so later, after feeding Katelyn, so when we got home, she went to sleep and so did I!

No comments: