Today is Mimi's birthday and I'm sure she's 12 years old (my principal always announces the teacher's birthdays and says they're 12 years old. My poor kids never catch on that EVERYONE is 12 yrs old. To them, 12 IS old...they're only 6, so it's twice their age!!!! lol)
I woke up this morning at 9am...wow! that is NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! I remember feeding Katelyn around 4, then when I woke up at 9, Gordon and Madison were downstairs playing, and let me sleep in.
We were going to take my mom out to lunch bc when I talked to my brother last night, he told me he and my other brother were busy today, so we'd get together Sunday. Well, then my other brother called me today and long story short, he came and we all went together. Unfortunately it was a little later than planned, so Madison didn't get a nap and she was exhausted. As predicted, she started throwing a fit and was whiny and cranky. I had to take her out for a walk. She told me she was tired, and I sort of distracted her by taking her for a walk. She was quite entertained when we got to the store where there was construction in the not-yet-opened store. She wanted to go in, but I told her we couldnt. She walked with me back to the restaurant and we went right back in and she actually sat down and ate her food. Go figure. Two year olds....*sigh*
When we got done, gordon had to go get some fertilizer, etc and needed to mow the lawn, so we hung out at mimi's house for a while. Madison was asleep the SECOND we left the parking lot, so I put her down on the bed in Katelyn's room at mimi's house. After feeding Katelyn, she let me put her down, all swaddled and everything, in the pack n play bassinet. She layed there, and I layed on the couch. I was so tired, that I was literally falling asleep while feeding Katelyn. My mom had to call my name to wake me up, then I realized, the bottle wasnt even in Katelyn's mouth anymore!!! LOL OOPS!!! So I was going to lay down for "just a minute", but ended up falling asleep for an hour or so? I woke up and my brother and his family were there. I woke up long enough to say hi, talked for aminute, then rolled over and fell asleep for another hour! I woke up when Madison came out of the room after her nap. We were about to leave around 6:30 after I fed Katelyn again, and I was telling Madison, "we're going to leave in just one minute after I put Katelyn in her carseat" to get her ready to leave...then I realized we didn't have a car!!! We had come home from the restaurant with Mimi while Daddy went to Home Depot. So I called Gordon to come get us...boy, I'm glad we only live 2 minutes away!!!
We stopped at sonic on the way home, and I ate real quick (as you learn to do when you've got kids...or if you're a teacher with only a 30 minute lunch, realistically 20 minutes by the time you get to sit down.....or if BOTH apply, you learn to eat REALLY fast! lol). While Katelyn was asleep in the swing, and Madison was occupied in her chair eating I jumped in the shower really quick. When I was done, Gordon sent Madison up, I gave her a bath, then my dad called and said we could bring Madison over and she could spend the night. So we dressed her in her jammies, and off she went with Gordon. Meanwhile, I fed Katelyn and when Gordon got back he asked if I wanted to watch Twilight, which he had rented the other day. My first question since I'm a big scaredy cat and it was already 9pm, was "Is it scary?" lol So we watched it and it was good, i might even read the book, once I have time. I know...most people read the book THEN watch the movie, but isnt that disapointing?! the book is ALWAYS more interesting than the movie is, so why would I want to be impressed (by reading the book) only to pay $10 to be disappointed with the movie? lol I'll have to ask my sister in law Heather if I can borrow her book, which we bought her for Christmas!
Katelyn was asleep in her swing, and I'm so glad she loves it now! At first, she hated that swing, too and she HAD to be held by me allllllll the time. I mean alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time!!! Now, in the last week or so, she's gotten so much better. I can put her down in the cradle, in the PNP bassinett, in the swing and she'll stay there for hours. She still hates the carseat and cries when were in the car, but she doesnt scream as loud EVERY time...does that count as progress? :)
I am such a night owl, so I'm always up till midnight. I usually feed Katelyn at midnight, so she'll eat again around 3-4 and then again at 6-7 when its time to wake up, so I only have to wake up once. Wellllll, I hate to complain, but she's now been asleep in her swing since about 9:30 or 10pm. So much for feeding her at 12. She's been asleep for 4 hours. Its now 1:45 and she isn't even stirring. Dare I move her from the swing to her bassinett in our room? Hmmmmm....decisions, decisions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment