Thursday, April 23, 2009

Madison's First Haircut!

Yes, she is over 2.5...she was 2.5 in January and it's now April. She'll be three years old in 3 months (whoa! what?! I JUST counted that...I can't believe my baby girl is nearly 3!!!!) and she is just now getting her first haircut ever! She always had these gorgeous little soft curls in the back of her hair and I didn't want to cut them off, bc I was afraid they wouldn't grow back. In addition to that, I wanted her hair long, so if I let it grow long, then got a little trim, it'd still be long...and leave room for it to be shorter than intended if she moved and wiggled during her haircut!!! Also, if you think about it, the hair they cut off, is the part of her hair that she was BORN with! Who wants to get rid of that?! But I have a lock of her first curl they cut off, so that will go in her baby book.

A few days ago, at a playdate with Madison's playgroup, we were talking about haircuts, etc and decided that Madison and Aeva needed haircuts, so I made Madison an appt for a haircut at sweet and sassy, and Aeva was going to meet us there. Then we were going to meet our playgroup to let the kids play at the playground and then head up to the food court for lunch. So we went to Sweet and sassy, and Aeva ended up not getting her hair cut bc her mom didn't want to cut off her curls, which I fully understand...see above! But Ethan's mom met me there, bc Ethan needed a trim. So of course, I had my camera (and video camera) there for her first haircut. She did soooooooooooooooooooooo wonderfully! I really thought she'd throw a fit or cry when they tried to do her hair, but she sat perfectly and I mean perfectly still...didn't move an inch!!! I expected her to try to wiggle free from the chair/cape/hairstylist, but she didn't!

Madison, the day before her haircut:

front:
back:
I was going to let Madison walk in the mall like the big girl she is, since Katelyn stayed with my mom, but Madison INSISTED on riding in the stroller. I left the double stroller in the car bc I didn't plan on using it, but Madison had other plans...She LOVES the stroller! lol strange kid, but I'm NOT complaining!!!

Madison was all ready for her new 'do!


Not quite sure what to think...

Cutting off her FIRST curl! This was that one big long curl that was in the center in the back of her hair. They put it in a little bag for me to keep along with her picture and certificate they gave us!

Mommy had to sneak in a pic. She was much too interested in the mirror and how she looked, but she was doing FABULOUS at her haircut, so I wasn't going to push it!

Poor baby looks so tired!

Then the lady put her hair up all pretty and fancy. She sprayed glitter spray in it, so she had sparklies all over her hair and she even sprayed a cotton candy spray so she smelled super sweet!

My Sassy Diva!!! What a cutie!!!

Struttin' her stuff on the runway!





After her haircut. I told the lady to only cut as much as she HAD to in order to even it out!!! lol You can barely tell it was even cut, which thrills me to no end! :

She did so great, so suckered me into buying her a necklace and bracelet set. The necklace has a cupcake with glittery sparkles on it, and the matching charm bracelet has a bunch of little cupcakes on it. She was so happy and excited! What a girly girl...wherever did she get THAT from?! Certainly not me! LOL

Madison had such a fun, busy morning and she was so tired after lunch. I put her in the carseat, went to put the stroller in the back then went to close her door and she was ALREADY asleep!!!

Unfortunately for me, she slept the whole way home, then woke up when we got home (we were at Northeast mall, then stopped to pick up Katelyn, so she had about an hour to sleep), so no nap for mommy (and if you read the previous post, you'll see that after MNO the night before, I didn't get to sleep until 3:30am, then Madison woke up at 4am so I laid with her, then Katelyn woke up to eat at 5:30, and Madison was up for the day at 7am). I soooooo needed a nap!

No comments: