Yes, she's two and a half and still has not yet had her first hair cut! I didn't want to cut off her curls, bc I loved them! Now, her hair is getting longer, but it's still uneven from the baby mullet that they get as the back grows faster than the top of their hair! She doesn't have the mullet anymore, but it's just uneven. Her hair sort of goes in a big V at the back, as she has this one long curl and it gets shorter towards the sides. She isn't really going to get her hair cut very much, I'm just going to have them trim it up in the back, just to even it out. I sure hope that doesn't mean all of her curls get cut off without coming back! My hair is straight as a board, so she didn't get it from me; her dad's hair gets a little curly/wavy when it's long, so she got that from him, too...she looks like him in every other way, so why not the hair, too?!
I was talking to Kendra from our playgroup and she was telling me about a place called sweet and sassy (http://sweetandsassy.com/) where little girls go to get all glammed up. Madison' will have the "baby's first haircut" done...even though she's not actually a baby anymore!!! They'll take her picture, give her a certificate along with a lock of hair for Mommy. They also have glitter spray they can put in her hair. They do all sorts of stuff there, like manis/pedis, updos, etc. It's just fun stuff for girly little girls like Madison. Lately, everything is princess this and princess that. I'm sure she'll love it there at Sweet and Sassy with their special capes and fun set up!
Kendra's daughter Aeva needs a haircut, too, so we're going to the Northeast mall next week and we made a playdate out of it! We are going to get the girls' hair cut, then we'll meet the other kids from our playgroup at the kiddie playland area at the mall and head up to the foodcourt for lunch! What a fun way to make a day out of her very first haircut! I'll post pics when we're done!
P.S. It's now 2:35am, I'm still awake, and as mentioned in the previous post, Katelyn is still asleep...though she's now making some squeaking noises/moans, so maybe I'll feed her and go to bed, so we can sleep till around 6! ;P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment