Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sleep, Ear Infections and a Minivan (no, not for me)!

(Apparently, this is my 100th post. Just had to mention that!)

Madison had been complaining that her right ear hurt since Friday night and had a fever of just 99. She slept at my parents house that night, bc we weren't sure if it was contageous and she loves it at Mimi and Papa's house, too. She ended up with a fever all weekend, Sunday it was up to 101. She spent the night with my parents again and Monday morning, I took her to the doctor (where I happened to run into Michelle from my playgroup, as well as a parent of one of my students!). My parents met me up at the doctor's office since they were across the street looking at minivans, and they stayed in the waiting room with Katelyn while I went back with Madison. It's so nice to just walk in and out, empty handed....no stroller to maneuver back there, no diaper bag, etc. So, Dr. Stacey looked in both of Madison's ears and said, "both ears look AWFUL!". Poor baby! So she has a double ear infection. I stopped by Target on my way home, though I had to talk to Madison the whole way to keep her awake...dont know how I'd carry a 2year old sleeping AND a baby carrier into the store!!! We dropped off her Rx, but they said it'd be a half hour, so we left, stopped and got her lunch at Mcdonalds to eat at home and my parents were going to pick up her Rx on their way home from yet another dealer...I think they've visited EVERY dealer within a 50 mile radius.

Oh, and I asked the doctor when flu season was over, since she told me not to take Katelyn out anywhere so she wouldn't catch it, and she said APRIL OR MAY!!!! Is she nuts?! I cannot, I repeat...CANNOT stay in this house another month or so.....IT'S STILL MARCH! She did say I can take her outside, just not to enclosed places....like stores. ugh.

Madison ate then went to sleep and while Katelyn was asleep, I got a little nap, too! yay for naps! I think I probably slept from 1:30-3:00 when Katelyn woke up hungry. When Gordon got home, he woke up Madison and she was whiny and just didn't feel well. I hate when she's sick! Nothing seems to comfort her much, though, luckily, she does like "the good stuff" (our name for medicine!). She took her amoxicillin well...last time she spit it out...the only time she's ever spit out medicine!).

After she was calmed down a bit and in a better mood, Gordon and I went down the road to the new Lifetime Fitness that they just built. I went to check it out the other day and its really nice...and the kids area is fantastic! They have about 10 computers the kids can play on, along with the usual toys/crayons, etc but they also have a large play area with a huge tv and a seperate infant section for those who trust them with their infants...not me, btw!!!! They also have a big play area like mcdonald's kind of thing and then there is a mini gym, where they can play basketball, play with balls, hula hoops, etc. When the weather is nicer, they have a grassy area where they can play outside and its all gated in, too. We signed our paperwork, then I wanted Gordon to see the child care center, so we went down there, and of course madison wanted to play on the playland, so I sent Gordon with the sales guy to finish up and pay, etc, while Katelyn and I stayed with Madison. They came back just as I was trying to coax Madison out of the playland...she loves that thing!

Katelyn was not so nice last night...she kept fussing and wouldnt fall asleep as she usually does after she eats. I kept holding her and rocking/walking her. She finally just drifted off around 8 as Gordon was taking Madison upstairs to bed. Then my mom called....they were out front and they got a new minivan...a Honda Oddysey!




It looks really nice, and my mom is going to come over tomorrow and we'll check it out...kind of hard to see in the dark! I have to put the girls' carseats in her car tomorrow. I put Katelyn down in the yellow cradle thing bc Madison was crying for hugs and kisses. Sure enough, I get back downstairs 5 minutes later, and guess who is awake! Nothing would calm her down...she wasnt crying, just seemed restless, so finally I fed her again, thinking she'd suck on the bottle for a few seconds and fall asleep. Nope! Not the case! She ate the whole bottle...and that was 4oz, not 3 like usual! She ate at 6:30, at 8 and again at 10:30!!! She usually eats about every 3-4 hours! She must be going through a growth spurt!!! She finally fell asleep for good at 11pm, so I went to bed and she didn't wake up until 5am, so that's pretty good...6 hours!

I expected that Madison would wake up in the middle of the night, so I put the tylenol on the banister so Gordon could give it to her when she woke up. I remember him waking up in the middle off the night, sometime, and asking me where her medicine was bc she was crying a little bit...but then she went back to sleep. She's actually still sleeping now, and its past 8am, so she's been asleep about 12 hours and she usually sleeps about 10. Katelyn went back to sleep around 6 after I fed her (then I jumped in the shower really quick bf Madison woke up...I saw my very small window of opportunity for a shower for the day and I seized it! lol). Katelyn is also still asleep in the bassinet, so I've been able to enjoy some time alone this morning. Though I'm pretty well rested thanks to Katelyn sleeping for 6 hours, so I'm thinking if Madison feels well enough, we'll head out somewhere today! Ooh, an outing...how exciting.

No comments: