Tuesday, March 24, 2009

White noise and two free hands

Katelyn loves to be held...and if she's asleep and I put her down, she wakes up. But I think we might have found a solution???? She's slept in her crib twice today for 30-45 minutes. She's there now, kind of stirring, so I hope I don't jinx it by writing about it!

I've found a running water, sort of a bubbling brook sound on her crib toy that she seems to like. I put it on when I put her down, and I think that white noise sort of lulled her to sleep. She started crying then I realized the sound thing turned off (It runs for 25 minutes...gradually getting softer and softer). So I went back in, gave her a paci (hit or miss with that thing) and turned the water sound back on. Now she's sleeping so nice and peacefully!

Madison and I are tired, too, so she and I are laying in my bed, and MIGHT actually get a nap today...uh, oh. I just heard the water thing turn off again...gotta turn it back on or no nap for me!!!!

Whew! Crisis averted. I also put a white noise machine with water sounds in there, too, so hopefully when her crib toy turns off, she'll hear the other machine and it will suffice. Now let's see about that nap!

Well, no nap, but I did get some down time. Madison had lunch, then she went to take a nap...and of course 15 minutes later, Katelyn is awake. *sigh* If only I could get them to nap TOGETHER that would be great! lol

Katelyn let me put her down in her crib again later after eating this afternoon, and now its 8pm. I was actually able to put her in the bassinet asleep long enough to give Madison a bath. Then, I moved her to her crib, so I could see her on the monitor. She's been there about 30-45 minutes and my mom just came to pick up Madison to take her to her house and Gordon will pick her up on his way home around 9:15 or so. Whew. Now I've got a few minutes to myself. I'll try to enjoy it before little miss Katelyn is awake to eat again in an hour! I'm just glad she goes 3-4 hours between feedings. If she were like Madison, eating every 2 hours, I'd be out of my mind by now!!!

No comments: