Last night, rooming in at the hospital went pretty well. Katelyn slept great, in fact, Toni, the NICU nurse called me a few times to wake her up for her feeding (and called back to make sure I had in fact woken the baby up...once, I had fallen back asleep! lol). She ate well, did great and then I woke up Sunday morning with the next NICU nurse, Melanie, calling to tell me she was coming to take the baby for the dr to see one more time before they discharge her. She came back and was ready to go, doctor said all was fine. While we were waiting for the picture lady to come, my mom and dad showed up with Madison. She was so proud of her new shirt! I created a "big sister" shirt on the computer and my mom was able to print it and iron it on in order for Madison to wear it to the hospital. It had Katelyn's picture on it and Madison could NOT have been any more proud. When she got to our room, she showed me her shirt and stuck her little belly out so I'd see the picture of Katelyn. What a cutie! When she saw Katelyn she was so excited. Madison asked if she could hold Katelyn, so I put her on the bed, with a pillow in her lap. Madison kept patting the pillow and clapping her hands because she was so excited she could hardly stand it! lol I put Katelyn in her lap and my heart just about melted when Madison kept petting Katelyn so softly and kissing her forehead. Oh, so sweet! She is going to be SUCH a great big sister!
We got home and it was time for Katelyn to eat again. While I was nursing Katelyn, it hurt when she started, so as I cringed, Madison would say, "Sorry, Mommy!!!" and I'd give her my best fake smile with clenched teeth and say, "It's okay! It tickles!!! lol" (liar, liar, pants on fire!). So Madison would just laugh and laugh. Glad she believed me! :) Katelyn napped well and Madison was so sweet. She kept bringing all of her toys to Katelyn (even her bear that is bigger than Katelyn is!) and trying to share. I told Gordon that will soon change when Katelyn is big enough to take Madison's toys uninvited!
Later, when Gordon went to change Katelyn on the pack n play changing table, and Madison saw him, she stopped in her tracks and said, "AAAWWWWWWW! MY changing table!" even though that is the last place Madison wanted to be; she's not a big fan of being changed! lol
This evening, my mom made dinner for everyone, and we celebrated my dad's birthday. Joey and Heather were there with the kids, and Nabeel and Elias were there, too. The kids were so excited to hold baby Katelyn. She slept most of the time, but we woke her up so everyone could see her (and we did want her to sleep when we got home!).
We got home and Katelyn ate and went right to sleep. We were able to go to sleep before 10pm, which is nice...I'm sure she'll be up soon.
What a busy first day at home!
pictures to follow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Heather, I am soooo happy for you guys. I told the girls on the board that Katelyn was here. I hope that was okay. They are very excited for you. I'm so happy to hear that Katelyn is home and doing well. She is just absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see more pictures of her!
Hugs!
Post a Comment