Monday, March 23, 2009

AQWF...

All Quiet on the Western Front...okay, so maybe it's more Southeastern, but my high school buds will get the AQWF reference. (All I remember about that novel is the last 6 words of the book were: "...All quiet on the Western front", no clue what the book was even about!)

This morning, our playgroup had a playdate at Abbey's Playtown. They're super nice and they open early for us to have the place to ourselves, only our playgroup, no big kids to trample the toddlers, no irresponsible moms on the phone, not watching their kids or letting their kids be bullies. Just our playgroup. That is so nice, and it's only five buck, too! Can't beat that! We'll be having LOTS of playdates there once the hot, hot, hot summer gets here! Our playdate was from 9-11 (they usually dont open until 11am), but I needed to go get my tire fixed first. Madison spent the night at my parent's house since she's had a little fever and is coughing and we're trying to keep little Katelyn from catching it. So I took Katelyn with me to discount tire. They ordered a tire for me and all they had to do this morning was take the loaner tire off and put a new one on. They said it'd be 20-30 minutes. Last time they said that, it was more like 10-15, so I figured we'd be done pretty quick. WRONG! I checked in at 9am, at 10am, they were JUST pulling my car into the bay. grrrr...if they'd told me that at first, I wouldn't have stayed.

Now, we were super late for Madison's playdate. I wanted to take her and spend the morning just with her. So I raced to my mom's house where Madison was, well....being two. She doesn't want to get dressed. She wants to keep her jammies on. ugh. So I talked her down and she got dressed, we rushed off to the playtown and got there around 10:30. But luckily our friends were still there, not to mention, Terri just got there, too. So we played and Madison had a BALL! She loved the swing they put in and the new plane.

We played there for about an hour and a half, then it was lunchtime, so we headed off to McDonald's for a happy meal and playtime, (Round Two)! She must have really worked up an appetite playing at Abbey's Playtown because she devoured her lunch! Then she went and played for a little while and we were on our way home. We weren't in the car 3 minutes and she was out cold. We stopped at mom's and picked up sleepy Katelyn and by the time we got home 2 minutes later, they were both snoozing away. I wanted to take a nap too, but there is so much to be done. Anyone want to come over and do my dishes and laundry, so this tired mommy can get a nap? ;P

No comments: