Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's just you and me, kid!

Gordon has gone back to work, and Madison is in preschool (still full time this week...as of next week, she'll just go part time), so it's just Katelyn and me! Yesterday, we went for her 2 week checkup and she is doing absolutely great! She weighs 8lb, 4oz and is in the 50th percentile for her weight. She is 20 3/4 inches long, which puts her in the 75th percentile for height...which I believe was about the same for Madison...she started in the 75th then kept creeping up and I think by 3 months, she was off the charts, above the 100th percentile until she turned 2 years old. That was the first time she landed on the charts, and even still, she was at the 97th percentile. Madison has always been a tall girl, so we'll see if Katelyn is built the same way! Her head circumference was in the 60th percentile....whatever that means...not too sure why I need to know that. She goes back in two weeks for some shots, then in a month for another checkup. Unfortunately, the doctor said I really shouldn't have Katelyn out and about because it's still sort of the end of winter and it's still flu season. She also said she just had a case of RSV in the office that morning, and if she gets the flu it will be a really bad situation. So, now I'm confined to the house, except when I HAVE to get something. I figure I'll just leave Katelyn at my mom's house if I have a lot of errands to run. That way, she won't be out and about, but I can still escape the house for a little bit. The thing I hate about taking Madison to school now, is that all the little kids want to see the baby and touch her. I'll just have to hold her up high in the carrier and drape a blanket or something over it! But I just told the director today that she is going to start 3 days a week (Mon/Wed/Fri) starting next week. That will cut down on the time we have to take Katelyn into the center and also gives me some time with my girl! Tues and Thursdays are story time at the library, so that'll be convenient....once we're released from house arrest!

Today, after taking Madison to preschool, I went to ideal image, then babies r us and then my mom and I took Katelyn to the hospital for her follow up PKU blood test (routine for newborns). She didn't even cry that much when they pricked her little tiny foot, as I expected her to do. Then we stopped at Golden Chopsticks...my favorite chinese food restaurant...okay, really, its the ONLY chinese food I like...you know how picky I am! We got lunch, went home to eat then after feeding Katelyn, my mom watched her so I could take a shower. Katelyn doesn't let me put her down very much, so it's hard to get a shower in during the day. Madison would always just sit in her bouncy seat and I could take a shower easily. Katelyn is a little more needy...at least at this point she is! lol My mom and I were going to go to Target, but I was so tired, so I just laid on the couch and my dad came to get my mom from my house. They were nice enough to pick up Madison from school and my dad took her around to run some errands with him. She loves her Papa!

Our church has been awesome and some very nice ladies have been providing us with dinner since Saturday- yummy stuff, too! We've had chicken enchiladas, meatloaf, pork tenderloin, and tonight was lasagna and tomorrow will be spaghetti! mmmmmmm! Madison's playgroup is also providing us with some meals next week. One of my friends already brought us chicken enchiladas, too...in fact, Lani was supposed to bring it by Tuesday morning and was waiting to hear from me to let her know we'd be home, but that was the morning I went into labor and had Katelyn that afternoon!

Tomorrow, I have to go to Discount Tire to fix my tire. It had a nail in it and had to be replaced, but they had to order it, so they put a loaner tire on my car. My new Michelin tire is in, so I have to go back and let them change out the tire. I stopped by today, after babies r us, and before going to my mom's but they were really busy bc it was around lunchtime, so I'm sure a lot of people were there on their lunch breaks. I'll go back tomorrow morning when they're hopefully not very busy!

Wow, I'm glad we went to the zoo Monday and not today! The news just said that there were 23,000 at the zoo today and traffic was backed up for miles on the highway just trying to get there. Some people walked a long way from where they parked just to get to the zoo, then were told the zoo was full. Really? Full? How does the zoo get FULL? Apprently, when you mix spring break with half price day at the zoo, you get a zoo at full capacity. yuck. And I thought it was a little crowded Monday! I could only imagine the crowd today. I mean, how do you tell the kids you're going to the zoo, get packed up, get through traffic and walk forever just to get to the gate, only to find out the zoo is full and you have to wait until others leave?! you can't disappoint the kids! Guess you'd just have to wait it out! Like I said, I'm SOOOO glad we went on Monday. It was a ZOO at the zoo today!

No comments: