Monday, March 2, 2009

Eviction Plan...

I had my 40 week appt today, and I'm still 2cm, 80% effaced. However, my normally good blood pressure jumped from somewhere around my usual 11o or so, up to 135 today. Not sure why that is. They scheduled me to be induced...I am scheduled to go in Thursday morning at 6am to begin the eviction! LOL Although, with Madison, they wanted to induce me the day bf her due date, bc I was 0cm dilated, and barely effaced. I didn't want to be induced, so I asked to wait until the next week. Then, as soon as we scheduled it for the next week, sure enough, labor started on its own. So I'm hoping that Katelyn follows in her big sister's footsteps and comes on her own! I thought maybe walking would help a little, so after Madison finished her dinner, she and I walked to Mom's house. It was about a mile and a half walk and surprisingly uphill! You'd never really think it was that steep while riding in a car. Ya, walk up hill 32months pregnant, pushing a stroller with a two and a half year old in it and you realize just how inclined that road is! Wow, THAT was a workout for my calves. As if charlie horses don't come enough during pregnancy, I'm sure I just tempted fate and I'll have some tonight...though I did eat a banana when I got to mom's house...maybe that will stave off the attack! It was dark and getting colder, so Daddy came and picked us up from my mom's house and brought us home.

After the doctor's appt, I went and dropped a check off at school to pay for the silent auction from Saturday and picked up the princess basket we won. Madison will LOVE it! I figure that can be one more thing for us to give her (read: make her feel special and not left out when everyone is clamoring over the baby!) when the baby comes.

So I think I'll go ahead and take Madison to school tomorrow, so I can finish up cleaning and doing a few last things before we're ready for the baby!

So yet another to do list:
1. clean off dining room table
2. wash bottles
3. clean up living room from Madison's toys all over...again!
4. vacuum
5. finish up the few dishes left in the sink
6. clean bathrooms
7. erase wall next to Katleyn's name
8. put crib back against the wall
9. put up monitor on the wall in her room
10. set up bassinet in our room
11. put out her diapers, upstairs and down
12. set up the bassinet on the PNP
13. put pics in bag (madison's pic for baby's bassinet and framed pics)
14.pack a few days clothes for madison while shes staying at mom and dad's
15. put Katelyn's crib toy and remote on her crib
16. put pic of madison/belly in Katelyn's room
17. make room for bottles in cabinet
18. find nursing cover to put in bag
19. finish laundry
20. take a nap!

1 comment:

The Schmidts said...

good grief girl! Where's that energy come from? I'm still waiting. My mind is active with all I want to do ...just my body isn't cooperating. I think I have dropped a little bit. It looks like my belly is a little lower and now I seem to have a lot of pressure down below. I guess we'll see. My 35 week appt is tomorrow. Thursday I am planning on packing Isaac's and my hospital bags just in case since Bethany came at 36 weeks. Isaac's room is just about done. I just need to make his bed and put some last minute things away. Excited to hear about your Thursday plans. I hope Baby K comes before then so you don't have to be induced. Yuk! I hear those make for the worst contractions. Wouldn't know myself since mine can't wait to jump ship. lol. Take care and big hugs for your big day!