Friday, March 6, 2009

Katelyn may come home soon!

The good news is, she may get to come home on Sunday! The bad news is that she DOES have an infection from the meconium, so they have to treat it longer with the antibiotics.

I just called the NICU and the nurse said that Katelyn just ate at 8am, and she was up to 55CCs! She's eating like a champ! She also said the Neonatologist came in and said they could turn off the IV and feed her as much as she'll eat. They do want her to have 5 days of the antibiotics, so she did in fact test positive for an infection from the meconium. The nurse told me that her last dose of ambeson will be 6pm Saturday night and her last dose of genemicin will be 7am Sunday (she needs both antibiotics) They said we can room in Saturday night, then take her home Sunday morning!!! YAY! I'm so excited that she gets to come home soon!

We are on our way up to the hospital to feed Katelyn and hold her for a while. I've been pumping and actually getting a lot now...I think this last time I got up to 40CCs. The occupational therapist is going to be up at the NICU to help me try to nurse Katelyn and see how she'll do. Hopefully she won't be too hooked on the bottle.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Heather I am so happy that Katelyn is finally here and even happier to hear she may get to go home soon! Your story brought tears to my eyes reading it. I'll blame it on the hormones :-) Congratulations!!!!!
-Shannon
Breannas_mommy (BBC)