Sunday, May 31, 2009

Prima Ballerina!

Getting ready for dress rehearsal Saturday

On her way to recital

waiting in the audience for the show to start

still waiting...

done waiting!

Hmmm...wonder what time it will start...
Note: for some reason, I see the whole picture when composing the post, but when it posts, about half of the picture is cut off. On the performance pics, all you see is the one kid by Madison, but the pics are so much cuter when you see all of the kids in the pic. especially when they're ALL doing different moves at the same time...checkout my facebook for the pics...there you can see the whole pic not just the one other kid.
Madison was just the best, cutest little ballerina up there!!! Center stage, that's my girl!!!!



Two years old! Just kidding...they danced to the song "Butterfly Kisses" and they lyrics say, "There's two things I know for sure..." "...she was sent here from heaven..."





Twirling Ballerina



Blowing Kisses


"going to sleep"

Madison right after her dance, getting her flowers!
Madison LOVED her trophy!


She was mesmerized by it!!!

Madison with her goodies: Trophy, medal and flowers from Mommy and Daddy!

Mommy and Daddy with the little ballerina

Madison wanted to hold her trophy and wouldn't put it down!

Beautiful Butterfly!

Peek-a-boo butterfly


Trophy and medal I bought her

I even had it engraved! (you can't see it all bc the pic is cut off when posted; it says "Madison Isabel Farmer; First Ballet Recital; May 31, 2009)
Opening her ballerina barbie. The poor thing gets so read so easily. We had just spent 15 minutes outside playing with the bubble gun Christy gave her, but she looks like she's been out there for hours!
Here is her ballerina barbie...notice the nice cute little hairdo?
Then she gets a fabulous 'do from Madison...
Fabulous, no?


Poor girl was exhausted and fell asleep standing up!
Today was Madison's first ballet recital! I was so excited for her, but a little worried she'd just look all around the unfamiliar stage and forget to dance! I was also a little worried bc the recital was right in the middle of naptime!!! :0 She got up really early, around 6am, and she and I both took a nap from about 10:30 to 11:30. She was NOT ready to wake up, so I was hoping for the best! But she got up, got dressed, had a snack and got dressed rather easily. She didn't even complain of the itchy seam much. The tape didn't work, but she let me pull her tights way up, so it went under the seam. We were riding with my parents and my friend, Christy and her husband Ashley, drove down here from Allen to watch her recital. They got here just as my parents did, so we all drove up to UTA for the recital.

We got there right as they opened the doors, so we got perfect seats front and center! Madison did great waiting around for it to start (we got there about 12:45, it didn't start until 1:30). She was waiting. and waiting. and waiting...and she was done waiting. Silly girl. Previously, she wouldn't want to dance at times, and I was afraid of that, too, since it's a big, huge, unfamiliar stage. But as the other girls were dancing, she watched with huge eyes and clapped and after each dance (there were 5 before it was time for her to go), she'd ask me if it was her turn to go dance!

When it was time for her to go, I took her all the way around the building to the dropoff area, and she went right in all by herself! What a big girl!

When the show started the first dance was so cute. there was one girl in the middle just standing there looking all around, yawning. I told Gordon, that would be Madison! lol Last week when they practiced, she danced fine, but when they invited the parents in to watch (were usually in a room with a two way mirror), she ran to me and wanted to sit with me and wouldn't dance. So when they first came out, since we were in the front row, Gordon and I kind of slumped down so she maybe woulnd't see us as she was looking around waiting for the music to start. Then we were able to sit up. But when the music started, she did FABULOUSLY! She danced right from the beginning, watched the teachers (who were offstage in the wings, guiding the kids) and she was just so stinking cute up there! Oh, such a cutie! I was so proud of her!

When her dance was over, I went to get her and gave her the flowers we bought for her. I was going to buy her a big bouquet, but they were so big and cumbersome, she wouldn't have been able to carry them comfortably. So instead, I bought her this little arrangement. They also had all kinds of ballerina stuff like bags, jewelry, watches, stuffed dolls, jewelry boxes, etc along with the crazy cookies. They were $8 a piece, no clue how much the cookie boquet was...probably $100!!!! You had to be insane to spend that much on a cookie!!! lol Suckas!!! The medal I bought for Madison was only $4 and so much cuter not to mention longer lasting! lol So I only bought flowers at the place...oh, ya, and the dvd bc they said you can't videotape....until AFTER madison's dance, they said, "oh, okay, you CAN video, just no flash photography". *sigh* jerks. I wanted to video so I could zoom in on her, but being in the front row, we couldn't hide it very well, so I just took tons of pics. My camera is really super cool bc it will take a bunch of pictures in a row. As long as you hold down the button it just keeps taking pics...click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click....when i loooked through my pics, it looked like a flipbook movie bc my camera takes 3 pictures per second! so neat!!!

After her dance, she watched a few more, then we all left. We went in the lobby, took some pictures and gave Madison her bag with her trophy and medal in it. She absolutely LOVED her trophy! She insisted on carrying it around the whole time and all the way to the parking lot. I was afraid she'd drop it and break it, but it was fine.

We all went to eat at on the border afterwards...finally got my strawberry margarita I'd been craving forever!!!! mmmmmmm!

When we got home, Madison played with the bubble gun Christy gave her (as a present for her recital). It was perfect and she loved it! After all the bubble were gone, she came inside and I gave her two other treats I had bought for her...way back on Black Friday! One was a ballerina barbie doll...her very first barbie! The other was a ballerina outfit for her doll (target's version of american girls doll). She wanted to put it on right away, but of course the stupid thing was sewn to the cardboard packaging. But we got it out, put it on and she loved it. She liked brushing Barbie's hair, though.

The big girl had SUCH a long day! She only got almost an hour of nap today, so she crashed about 7:30 this evening, practically standing up! She stayed in this position for quite a while, then we were able to get jammies on her and get the poor worn out ballerina in bed!:)

No comments: