Monday, May 11, 2009

Workout FAIL

Gordon and I (and Madison!) joined lifetime fitness by our house at the beginning of April, but it was put on "medical freeze" since I hadn't been released by my doctor after having Katelyn, since she was only a month old. I've been released, so our membership has become active this week. However, since my dad is in the hospital and Katelyn is too young for the childcare center to take (they won't take kids younger than 3 months), I haven't been able to go. Besides, I've been spending every day driving to Dallas to see my dad for a few hours. So Friday, I was on my way home from seeing my dad at the hospital and Gordon was playing his Night Gold that he had signed up for a few weeks ago (they play in the dark; the golf balls are lit up neon colors and they have all kinds of light up sticks, necklaces, etc that line the golf course for them to see I guess. They play half bf it gets dark, go inside and have dinner, then finish the last half in the dark). So I thought I'd check out the gym. Friday is the only day Joey and Heather don't have soccer practice/games for the kids, so they're home. I asked Heather to watch Katelyn while I went to the gym. I took Madison with me bc she wanted to play in the childcare center. They have a great facility there. So we went and I took Katelyn to Heather about 5:15 pm, and by the time I got home, changed, and changed Madison from her dress to some shorts so she coudl crawl around and play, then got to the gym, it was 5:40. We walked to the childcare center and I kept telling Madison this whole time that she gets to go climb and play (so she wouldn't feel bad that Katelyn stayed with the kids but she didn't). So we get there and the lady says, "You know we close at 6, right?". Ugh. Apparently, they just changed their hours, but we hadn't known about that obviously. I told her I didn't know bc we just started this week, and she said if I wanted to get a quick 15min workout, she'd take Madison, but she could only sit and watch tv with the other kids, as they had already closed the climbing place to clean it, I guess. I told Madison we're going to leave and she was upset, she wanted to go in. I told her she could go in, but had to watch tv. So they let her in, but she starts running back to the climbing thing. Pure torture for her to see it, but can't play with it. So I decided we'd leave. I told her I'd take her to Mcdonald's so she could climb there (bc the childcare climber thing is like the ones at McD's).

We were walking to the car and I asked her where we were going to see if she understood and she said, "the kids!" as in, we were going to go see her cousins. I told her we were going to mcdonalds and she said, "No, I want to see the kids!". So I made sure she understood that if we go see the kids we were NOT going to McDs and she was fine with that. Whatever.

So we went to Heather's house, hung out for a bit, the kids all played then it was dinner time so we all went to Cici's. I had asked Heather if they wanted to go get something to eat with us, and I intended to pay for it, but when we got there, I realized I took my wallet out of my diaper bag, to get my ID for the gym, but never put it back. So Heather paid for it. She said, jokingly, "oh, great, first I baby sit, now I pay for dinner!" lol

The kids ate then went to play in the gameroom and it was so busy we couldn't sit next to the gameroom to eat (which I usually try to do so I can keep an eye on Madison when they're in there). We were about to leave when Heather stood up and saw Madison about to walk out the door as some people were walking outside (there is a half wall behind our table so we couldn't see her over there). These people were standing there with the door open and Madison was trying to walk outside!!! OMG! So I went and grabbed her and sat her down with me, while Heather got the other kids. That was so scary. It only takes a moment...in the blink of an eye they can get out of your eyesight!!!

Oh, well. So much for working out. We'll just go eat some greasy pizza instead. *sigh*

Better luck next time.

No comments: