Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just call me MacGuyver!

Madison's costume for her recital is really pretty, except that the seam where the leotard meets the tutu skirt itches her. So last week we had to fight her to keep it on. I bought some cloth and paper medical tape, taped the seam down so it wouldn't scratch her. Good plan, McGuyver, right? ya, except apparently that seam was the elastic that allowed it to go on her! So when I tried to put it on her with the taped inside, it wouldnt stretch to go over her diaper. So I had to take the tape off. Luckily, she let me pull her tights way up, so they were past the seam, therefore not allowing the seam to touch/scratch her skin. problem solved...we think. We'll have to wait and see if the same magic happens tomorrow at her real recital! Today was just the dress rehearsal.

Tomorrow is Madison's first ballet recital! I'm excited for her to get to dance on the stage at Texas Hall (at UTA). She did great last week, until they let the parents in the room, then she just wanted to sit with me; had no interest in dancing. Nice. So today, she went right in, and I heard she danced well! I just hope she does a good job tomorrow too. But if she doesn't that's okay, too. She's only two, so you can't expect too much of a two year old anyways or you'll just frustrate everyone, yourself included!

I can't wait for it though! I bought her a little ballerina trophy and a medal that says "dance" that she can wear, too. I had it engraved and it says, "Madison Isabel Farmer, First Ballet Recital, May 31, 2009" and it is purple like her costume, as is the ribbon for her medal that will go around her neck. We'll also pick up some flowers for her to give her when she's done. She'll love it.

The dance studio wanted us to pay $70 for some ad in their program and a trophy. They also have cookies on a stick/cookie bouquets for sale. Um, $7.50 for a ballerina shaped/iced cookie that I'd have to fight her to not eat it until tomorrow? I don't think so! some people bought those today at the dress rehearsal, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a cookie...especially bc I could easily make it myself, besides, it'd be gone in two minutes! A trophy however, is forever. i still have all of mine from soccer as I was growing up. When she got her medal at the end of little gym, she wore that for a long time, and then she was only a year old! I bet she'll really like wearing the dance medal this time! Were going to go to dinner tomorrow evening with my parents, so maybe I'll give her a little present then. After Christmas or maybe it was Black Friday, I bought her a ballerina barbie and a ballerina outfit for her doll (that is like american girl dolls) bc they were only a few dollars, and I wanted to save it for her recital gift. I bet she'll enjoy opening that present at the restaurant! I'll post pics after tomorrow!!!

No comments: