This morning, after getting a late start and getting Madison to school at 10:30 (oops!), Katelyn and I went to Target (haven't been there in entirely too long!) we went to my dad's house to help him and to watch him. He tends to sneak in a snack when noone is looking. Also, he's supposed to walk, but yesterday he almost lost his balance, so I told him just to sit and wait until I got there. Of course, he didn't. He said he walked for 15 minutes. Not only did he walk by himself, even though he's still wobbly and unstable, but he pushed it longer than he was supposed to. He gets winded after about 10 minutes as it is! Stubborn old man. :)
So here is the pain part:
When Gordon got home, I left Katelyn with him, picked up Madison from preschool (and she totally didn't match anymore...she spilled something on her shorts, so they were in the washer at school and she had on her "extra clothes" that we keep at school. So she and I went to the gym, and she got to play in the kids' section, which she was crazy excited about. I went upstairs and did a mile on the treadmill, and finished just in time for the barbell strength training class. We used a step, a barbell, some freeweights and some hand weights. In the middle of it, the childcare lady came looking for me bc Madison needed a diaper change, and they don't do that, for whatever reason. No biggie...I think she rescued me! We were walking down the stairs to the childcare center and my legs were so wobbly from the hard workout...they felt like spaghetti! I wasn't sure if I'd make it down the stairs, letalone back UP them to go back to the class! lol The class was an hour long and I was tired at the end! But it was a great workout. I really love working out with weights, but I'm not always sure what to do with them aside from the normal bench presses, etc. Then it's usually men over in the free weights, so I feel dumb being over there not really too sure what to do and I hate the weight machines. I totally prefer freeweights.
At 7, I took Madison home to Gordon and went back to the gym for the yoga class, which was at 7:30. My friend Julie was telling me I should try it and the instructor is really good, so I went. My thought was, yoga is such a waste of time. I kind of think, "if you're not sweating, it's not a workout". uh, ya. That class was HARD!!!! And I can't say I wasn't sweating, either!!! lol IDK if I'll go back or not bc I'm not strong enough in yoga to do all of the positions/moves, so they say to make it easier by being on your knees for downward dog, instead of toes, for example. I tried that, but since I had knee surgery a few years ago, it was painful to kneel on my knees bc of the scar tissue, but also the knee just isnt as strong. It was actually hurting during the weight class when I tried to step up with that knee. I heard something move...not pop or hurt or anything, but I know it'll be sore tomorrow. I think I'll go ice it.
so my first day of two and a half hours at the gym, and a REAL workout (see previous post: Workout FAIL), a mile on the treadmill, an hour in strength training and an hour in yoga, I'm ready for bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment