
Today was my first day back to work since I went on maternity leave. I'd post a picture of me and the girls this morning, but I was in too much of a hurry to take a pic! *sigh* Katelyn woke up around 4:30am to eat...though she's been sleeping through the night since 7 weeks, (shes now 13) every once in a while she'll wake up super early. So I rolled over and at some point Madison had joined us in our bed throughout the night, so Katelyn woke Madison up. Nice. Then I enlisted Madison's help feeding Katelyn, but after that she decided she wanted to take a bath. Seriously? Kid, it's 4:45am, wth do you want a bath? So I eventually got her back to her bed, put Katelyn next to me in bed and we all fell back asleep....and then I just woke up all of a sudden and saw that it was 7:20. OMG, 7:20!!!! Just in case you're wondering, I had to get both girls up, changed, fed and out the door, get madison to preschool and katelyn to my moms, plus get myself to school....all within 30 minutes!!!! Holy CRAP!
So I left Katelyn sleeping in the bassinett, got myself ready in about 3.4 seconds, grabbed Madison out of her bed, still half asleep, got downstairs and changed her diaper then threw a dress on her really quick (so I wouldnt have to fight her about putting on a shirt AND shorts!), slapped her sandals on and threw a cereal bar in her hand along with her milk, then sat her on the couch. I ran and got Katelyn, put her in the carseat, got them in the car without even changing Katelyn...I figured she'd be at my moms within 10 minutes and she'll change her. I flew down the road to drop Madison at school (thankfully her school is less than 3o seconds down the road!!!) and it was off to Mom's. I called her to let her know I was on my way, be outside to come get Katelyn, have a bottle ready bc here we come! lol I got to school about 8:05, which isn't too bad, considering. Unfortunately, I was supposed to be there at 7:50 on Mondays for morning duty, but my sub was there, so it was okay. Whew....what a morning and it was ONLY 8:00am!!!!
So the rest of the day went fine. The kids were thrilled beyond belief to see me, and were so excited, it was cute. I was entering end of year testing scores, finishing some paperwork and wrapping up loose ends most of the day. About 1:30 I was talking to my principal and she asked how I was coping with being away from the baby and I told her I had been to busy all day to really think about it...but thanks for reminding me! lol Is it strange that I distinctly heard a baby crying/cooing THREE times today and despite looking all around, there was never any baby present? hmmm, guess I'm hallucinating!
Lunch was actually nice bc the PTA provided Spring Creek for lunch for us today. I had some sausage and a yummy roll! They had cobbler, but let's be honest...I'm not eating that. it looks like puke. no kidding. crusty too. mmmmmm. appetizing. (not that I dont appreciate the effort..I do! lol), but they also had a cake and it was yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy! They even had my fave: Diet Dr. Pepper! Later I came back to buy a coke from the machine and it gave me two....guess it knew I would need the caffeine!!! lol
I figured I'd be more tired than I actually was since I'm always exhausted at the beginning of the year, but since it was such an easy day, I guess that explains why I wasn't tired. Of course, anyone who knows me knows that simply going back to work won't change my night owl ways...if I get to bed by midnight, it's an "early" night...
hopefully the girls will sleep well tonight and I'll get up on time tomorrow morning!
So I left Katelyn sleeping in the bassinett, got myself ready in about 3.4 seconds, grabbed Madison out of her bed, still half asleep, got downstairs and changed her diaper then threw a dress on her really quick (so I wouldnt have to fight her about putting on a shirt AND shorts!), slapped her sandals on and threw a cereal bar in her hand along with her milk, then sat her on the couch. I ran and got Katelyn, put her in the carseat, got them in the car without even changing Katelyn...I figured she'd be at my moms within 10 minutes and she'll change her. I flew down the road to drop Madison at school (thankfully her school is less than 3o seconds down the road!!!) and it was off to Mom's. I called her to let her know I was on my way, be outside to come get Katelyn, have a bottle ready bc here we come! lol I got to school about 8:05, which isn't too bad, considering. Unfortunately, I was supposed to be there at 7:50 on Mondays for morning duty, but my sub was there, so it was okay. Whew....what a morning and it was ONLY 8:00am!!!!
So the rest of the day went fine. The kids were thrilled beyond belief to see me, and were so excited, it was cute. I was entering end of year testing scores, finishing some paperwork and wrapping up loose ends most of the day. About 1:30 I was talking to my principal and she asked how I was coping with being away from the baby and I told her I had been to busy all day to really think about it...but thanks for reminding me! lol Is it strange that I distinctly heard a baby crying/cooing THREE times today and despite looking all around, there was never any baby present? hmmm, guess I'm hallucinating!
Lunch was actually nice bc the PTA provided Spring Creek for lunch for us today. I had some sausage and a yummy roll! They had cobbler, but let's be honest...I'm not eating that. it looks like puke. no kidding. crusty too. mmmmmm. appetizing. (not that I dont appreciate the effort..I do! lol), but they also had a cake and it was yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy! They even had my fave: Diet Dr. Pepper! Later I came back to buy a coke from the machine and it gave me two....guess it knew I would need the caffeine!!! lol
I figured I'd be more tired than I actually was since I'm always exhausted at the beginning of the year, but since it was such an easy day, I guess that explains why I wasn't tired. Of course, anyone who knows me knows that simply going back to work won't change my night owl ways...if I get to bed by midnight, it's an "early" night...
hopefully the girls will sleep well tonight and I'll get up on time tomorrow morning!


No comments:
Post a Comment