Saturday, June 13, 2009

A night out with the team...and FIRE!

We all met for dinner at Macaroni grill and had a great time. We were just talking and joking and just getting along really well, so that was really nice. It reminds me of my old team at Hale. We got along great and were great friends. I even met them once a week for lunch during my maternity leave (though I could do that with Madison bc it wasn't flu season and she wasn't a NICU baby). I really miss my old team. But hopefully this year will shape up to be a similar experience! Jennifer had to leave a bit early bc she was going to a concert in the garden....orchestra concert in the park...I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!! lol We met at 4:30 and were just chit chattin until Gordon called me around 7:30 asking if I planned to be home soon! I can't believe we were there for THREE hours! lol

But when we were sitting there and Monica just walked in, she told us that there was a car that was smoking really bad and it was about to be on fire. So we went out and moved our cars to the other side of the building and everyone else was moving their cars away from this one and some were taking pics with their phones! The fire dpt had already been called as soon as Monica reported it right when she walked in, but by the time they got there, the car was on fire and flames were coming out of the grill in the front of the BMW. Even the hood of the car was bubbling up, like it had melted the paint and that poor car was toast. The owner of the car could only stand there and watch. That sucks. I'm thinking BMW will be getting a call soon! Isn't EVERYTHING under warranty for BMWs?

No comments: