Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fit Point Assessment

We went to the gym tonight, leaving the girls at my mom's. The plan was to workout for two hours, then go get Madison and bring her back to swim in the pool outside. When we got upstairs to go workout, we asked about the fit point assessment that we never did. Your supposed to go meet with a trainer to do a basic body analysis when you first join, but we never got around to that, so we did ours today. We had to walk/run on a treadmill to test efficiency of oxygen intake, do a sit and reach test (man, i remember doing those in 6th grade for fitness test...still not sure what exactly that tells you!), then they did a strenght test, measured us with the dreaded fat calipers...those things hurt! Then we got our results on paper. Apparently we are definitely older than we are. We have the bodies of people older than our actual ages. Nice. Um, guess I'll be working out 24/7 now, thanks for brightening my day, Trainer Regina! :)

She went over the prices for trainers and boy they are expensive!!!! for 8 once a week, one hour sessions, its $525ish. for ONE month. um, no thanks. There were some other options, so I'll look into something else, but I'd definitely like some sort of direction. I kind of feel like I'm wasting my time if I don't know what I'm doing. So we'll see.

Then I went to get Madison and we went swimming outside then went inside bc she was shivering (due to our cold front, it was only 87 degrees!). The indoor pool was warmer, so she was more comfortable.

The poor thing was so worn out, she fell asleep on the way home.

No comments: