We ordered my new washer/dryer back on Black Friday (bc they were something like $900 off the regular price...something ridiculous!) and they told us it'd be a while bf they were delivered, probably close to Christmas bc they were backordered. I told them it was fine, since we didn't really NEED new machines, ours were just old and BOTTOM of the line! When we got married, we pretty much walked in and bought the cheapest thing on the floor. I think we maybe paid $300 for the set! Just for comparison's sake, these new ones are normally almost $1000 each!!! So when they called a few days before the delivery date of December 22nd, I was so disappointed bc I had been looking forward to my new set! They said it'd be delivered about a month later, on January 29th. Once bitten, twice shy. As the new delivery date approached, I called them a few times to make sure they were going to be delivered. They said I should get a call the day before delivery letting me know what time they'd be delivering it. So I waited all day, no call, finally called them around 4:30 and the guy told me that the machine normally calls out to people scheduled for deliveries, somewhere betweek 5-7pm and if I hand't heard anything by 6:30 to give him a call. Well, sure enough, 5:30 rolls around and I got a confirmation call from the delivery center...yay! They said they'd call when they were about 30 mins out from delivery.
They called around 2:45 and my mom went to my house to wait for them. Gordon got there shortly after they did. I was going to go pick up Madison, but stopped by the house first....just to make sure they were doing everything right (read: the way I wanted! lol). All looked well, so I went to get Madison. We had dance class, so I had to get her dressed and off we went.
I stepped away from the door for a bit and I guess the lady thought (or hoped!) I had left, so they closed the danceroom door. I thought, well, maybe I'll be brave and just go run to target to pick up some HE laundry detergent, since I'm not supposed to use regular kind in these machines. I did it. I left her. I went to target, just down the road....after writing my name and phone number along with gordon's on Madison's nametag on her ballet bag! lol However, I think it just made me a nervous wreck! At first, it was fine, I got the detergent I needed, then stopped to look at something else and on the way out of the parking lot, I stopped by payless to check really quick (and NOTHING happens "quick" with two kids in the car!).... if they had some brown flats, bc mine for work are all beat up. I found a pair of brown and a pair of black I liked, but also a CUTE little pair of tennis shoes for Andrew!!! lol
However, as I was leaving payless, and there was a line of abotu 5 cars trying to get across Debbie, it hit me. I was suddenly very worried about what if I don't get back in time?! She'll be so scared! Oh, my gosh!!!! I finally got across and was back at the dance studio a good 15 minutes before her class let out, but it just made me too nervous to leave here and be gone that long!!!
When we got home, I started some laundry in my new machines, and Madison was so excited to help! When she saw the dryer drying the clothes, she said, "Mommy! It has a window!!!" bc she'd never before seen the clothes being tossed around! lol Though, interestingly enough, she did NOT look at the washer to notice it, to had a different window thatn the other machines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment