So today on the way home from church, Gordon tells me, "We REALLY need to get Andrew's room ready, because you just never know!". Man, when the dad is telling the mom to get a move on, you know someone is realllllly behind! I've been meaning to get it done, but have been sooooo tired and my back hurts soooooooo bad! I'm about to start using that heating pad they say not to use! I got a massage and it was heaven, but by the next morning or so, it was back to pain as usual!
After church we picked up Madison (Katelyn had just fallen asleep, so I didn't want to wake her up, so we left her there) from my mom's house since the kids had spent the night. Madison had some lunch, after I practically BEGGED the child to eat (really? why is this ONLY a problem with kids? Ever see adults being begged to eat?! sigh). Then she and I went in the garage and I had a little plastic fold up table set up for us to paint on. I put the hangers on the back of the letters, and we got out the paint and painted them. Madison had a blast. I'd let her paint a letter, then when she was "finished" I'd give her a new letter...while I um, polished off, her letter she painted. The weather was soooooooooooooo nice outside, so it was perfect....well, maybe a tad bit cold, but she never complained. Gordon had gone to pick up Katelyn while we were painting and was inside feeding her. Just as Madison and I were finishing, he came outside with her and said he needed me. The poor baby looked miserable. I think she's teething pretty bad. She has a slight fever, chews on her paci on the side of her mouth, has the runny nose and is just miserable. We finished up, went inside and gave her motrin, then even though she had JUST woken up from a 2 hr nap at my dad's when he called at noon, she rested on my shoulder like she was tired. It was only 1pm, so she shouldn't have been tired, but she looked so uncomfortable. I went upstairs to our room to lay down with her...and woke up 3.5 hours later!!!! Holy geez! She slept a LONG time today...and yesterday she took a FOUR hour nap, too! Poor bunny, must not be feeling well at all! I love that I got a nap, too...don't usually get to partake in the naptime routine, but man, there goes my day!
I INTENDED to paint the letters, let them dry, hang up the mirror and clock that I got to match Andrew's bedding, put up the curtain rod that matches the valance, which goes with the bedding, and then hang up the letters once they were dry. After that I was going to get Gordon to move the furniture back into Andrew's room and I have lots of clothes to go through that people have given me from their boys. My friends Michelle and Naomi gave me their sons' clothes, and my brother brought some crates of mixed up stuff from my nephews/niece. I also have a friend at work who is bringing me a tub of clothes this week. I need to sort through those, seperate them, wash them and put them in the dressers so the kid has something to wear!!! As for now, they're still in the trash bags/crates in which they were donated! Maybe tomorrow will be better as far as getting anything done!
Okay, so there's the plan. Tomorrow. After work. gotta get the room done!!!!
wow...that reminds me...somewhere in this blog is a to do list that I've completely forgotten about! I've got to go find it and see if I've done ANYTHING on that list!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment