Saturday, January 2, 2010

Decisions, Decisions!!!

This morning, I ran to home depot to see if I could get a sample of Misty Blue, which is the pottery barn color of blue that I think might work for Andrew's room. I had several colors that I tried on the wall yesterday, but don't love any of them. I do love one color, the glidden #10, but it's too dark to use for the whole wall. Of course, I can't find the PB catalog Christy gave me, so I could have Home Depot color match it, but a friend suggested that most paint stores have the fan decks of other paint companies. I went to home depot this morning, but they didn't have it. So I went to lowes and got a sample. After painting it on the wall in andrew's room, and much thought, I decided I'd use the Misty Blue color for the wall, but since I really liked the #10 color, I'd just get that in a "tester size" which is about 8 oz, and paint the letters for his name with that. Win-win! :)

After I got back from getting a sample of Misty Blue, Gordon and I (along with Madison's help!) emptied Andrew's room and put all the toys in the gameroom. Katelyn was SUCH a good baby while we did all that...she just sat in the exersaucer-like car that was in that room while the three of us went back and forth moving all the toys (that Madison has outgrown, but Katelyn has yet to use) and putting them neatly in the gameroom. Then Gordon moved the armoire and two dressers into the gameroom for a while, so I can paint today. When the girls went down for a nap (and Gordon, too!), my mom and I went to home depot and bought a few gallons of the paint for the room, but of course, they were out of the base 2 for the tester of the #10 color I wanted. Oh, well, we'll get it later...off to paint the room!

No comments: