I went to my 38 week check up (really? already?!) and doc said baby looks good, hb is good, and I went from a fingertip dilated and barely effaced last week, to 2cm dilated and 70% effaced this week! I asked if he thought I'd make it to March and he said, "Eh, you'll be *around* your due date". *sigh* I'm slightly jealous of a girl at work who is about a week overdue! lol Later is better for me!
Madison and I just got back from her playdate. We found a new playplace called Abbey's playland. It is an awesome place that is nice, neat, clean, open and has EVERY little tykes/plastic car/kitchen thing you can think of...even the little roller coaster thingies, which Madison rode at least 20 times! they have a mini bouncehouse/ballpit, a blowup obstacle course thing that is a train, and Madison's favorite...dress up stuff! It is wonderful bc it caters to kids 6 and under. Most playplaces are for kids in general, so the 10yr olds trample the toddlers. My mom's group met there and about 10 of us were there. We got to play with the kiddos, but the place is open yet small enough that we can see what's going on without having to hover over the kiddos...unlike at chuck e cheese...she can disappear so fast in that place! So the mommies got a chance to chat, which is always nice. On top of it being great, it was only $5! Can't beat that! It was lower for our playgroup, and they opened early for us, so it was JUST our mommy's group, which was really nice. I think it's normally $8 with a cookie, but still, that's not bad. We'll definitely be returning there. I'm sure we'll have LOTS of playdates there in the summer when it gets too hot to be outside!!! It's a great place to take Madison after the baby is born, too. Either I can take her by herself and let her play and be able to give her the undivided attention she'll soon be robbed of (lol!) or my mom or gordon can take her to just let her play. It would be a nice treat for her, I think.
We got there about 9:30 and left around 11:15, but only because I wanted her to be able to take a nap and eat lunch and be able to wake up without being rushed, so she'll be in a good mood this afternoon...she would have stayed for hours! We have an appointment for maternity pictures at Sears this afternoon. They always do SUCH a wonderful job, and she is SO photogenic, which translates to mean that I can never choose between all of the great photos!!! She even has a 9-picture collage hanging up in their studio and a few pics in their sample books bc she's just so darn cute! I'm hoping today's pics turn out really well, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment