Saturday, February 21, 2009

So Maybe I Am Nesting


This afternoon, after looking at all of Madison's toys nicely strewn across the living room, and noticing that her toy buckets are all empty (thank you, Madison!), I got tired of seeing them on the floor and decided to help her clean them all up. I sorted them all and put everything in its place in the bins (I really need to print some picture labels so SHE knows where they go!) and had Gordon handing me some, bc being 9mo preggo, it's hard to reach anything. So we're all cleaning, Madison is helping, and then Gordon stopped all of a sudden and said, "You're going to have this baby soon!" which made me give him a very strange "all of a sudden you're a clarvoyant?" look. He said, "you're nesting!". I quickly corrected him and told him, "It doesn't count as "nesting" if your house is just messy and you finally decide to clean it!" LOL IDK how long I've stared at her toys all on the floor in FRONT of her bins...not actually IN them.....and decided I was just too tired to bother with it. But today it bothered me enough to clean it up.


Then this evening, after Madison and Gordon were asleep, I finally put her big sister bag together, put everything in it (put batteries and an SD card in her new vtech digital camera...which I KNOW will be her very favorite thing in the whole wide world....she LOVES looking at my camera after I take pics). I finished throwing a few more things in my bag that I hadn't gotten around to doing and threw together a bag of "entertainment" for Madison, so my mom can have some things for Madison to do at the hospital while we're waiting for Katelyn to make her grand entrance. Then I made a list of last minute things to grab when we're on the way (like my pillow, a blanket for gordon, Madison's gift for Katelyn, which is a doll that says "Little Sister" and is similar to the "Big Sister" doll I put in Madison's big sister bag).


Then it hit me. Maybe I AM nesting....

1 comment:

The Schmidts said...

ahhhh, Heather! Girlie, you are nesting! I can't wait to see pictures of that baby girl. How exciting!!!!! I finally got all of Isaac's clothes and have taken them down to the laundry. I have about half of them done. I'm also receiving boxes like it's Christmas now. lol. I just wish Jeff was here, but hopefully this little guy stays put. Well, I try to get on here every other day to check for "silence". Once I see that then I know you have popped that girl out. For now, best wishes and I send you blessings for an easy delivery. HUGS!