Well, we're home from the hospital. Yes, I went to Labor and Delivery. No, I did not have the baby yet.
Madison and I went to Sears to do our pictures (which turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! Will post pics later) and were leaving the mall area, trying to get onto I-20, when I GOT REAR-ENDED! We were both stopped and I guess he thought I went and he was looking the other way at the oncoming traffic, when he hit the gas, but unfortunately, I was still there! It wasn't too bad, but enough to shake me up. Madison was fine, since we were both stopped before he hit my car, but it was enough to crack the bumper and shake me up. I went home and then after dinner, my mom came over to see the maternity pics and about 7:00 (the accident was around 5) I noticed I hadn't felt Katelyn move in a little bit. But then again, she doesn't usually move a lot until late at night when I'm finally sitting still, since I'm on the go all day long. I drank some juice to try to get her going, but couldn't feel her move. I used my rented doppler to try to find the heartbeat, but couldn't find it. Although, it's been hard to find since she's dropped, but it still worried me. When I called my doc, they sent me up to L&D to be monitored. The nurse sounded sort of concerned. I left a message with the answering service and when she called back, she didn't really ask questions or try to decide what I should do; she just said, "This is Karen, I want you to go to L&D to be monitored.", so that had me a bit more concerned. Luckily, my mom was already here visiting, so we put Madison in her jammies, got her clothes for school tomorrow and sent her to spend the night at my mom's house.
We got to the hospital and they were able to find the heartbeat right away! I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. Then I just had to lie there and be monitored for about an hour. My dad came up there, too. He was working at another hospital in Ft. Worth, and said he'd only been there about 45 minutes, but left to come see me and make sure everything was okay. He stayed for a while, but since I was just lying there waiting for time to pass, since the heartrate looked good, I told him to go home and rest. We were only supposed to be there for an hour, but Katelyn kept moving so much (a GOOD problem to have if you ask me!) that they had to come back and move the monitor around so they could get a full hour of heartbeat on the printout, so it ended up being about an hour and a half of lying there. So now we're exhausted, but relieved. My back was sort of sore, but I'm not sure that was from the accident...it COULD be that I'm just 12 months pregnant! lol
What a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment