Thursday, November 13, 2008

She's SO Ready for Preschool

Madison went to the library with my mom for story time and I like this library because they always do a craft after their storytime, which Madison enjoys. I came to pick her up after work today and she was wearing this cute little Indian feather hat that she had made at the library. As I hear it from my mom, Madison was wearing it all day and when we left my mom's house, Madison wore it until bedtime. The kid wore that thing for hours. She was so proud of it!

Nothing says "PRESCHOOLER" like handmade arts and crafts! She will have so much fun when she starts preschool in January. I probably should have started her at two, but I wanted to wait a little bit longer before we put her in "school". She's so lucky that she gets to stay at home with her grandma, but it's time for her to start preschool....sniff, sniff.

Ever since I went back to work when Madison was a little over 3 months old, I've always gotten to visit her during the day, when I was at my old school and mom lived behind my school, I'd go see her during my lunchtime (which was really conference time, so I had almost a whole hour). Since last year when I moved to West and have just my 30 min lunch time to eat (since my conference time is at the end of the day), my mom and Madison come to visit me for lunch at work now and then. That is so nice, because I really enjoy being able to see her in the middle of the day...even though sometimes she's sad and cries, wanting to stay with me when it's time to go home. :( They've been coming to see me for lunch once a week lately, because that will have to end when she goes to preschool. She will only be going to my mom's for about 5 more weeks, then I have 2 weeks off for Christmas so she'll be home with me, of course, and she'll start preschool the day I go back to work, January 5th. I'm excited for her, but kinda sad at the same time. She's such a big girl!!! Where did my little bitty baby go?

No comments: