Sunday, November 23, 2008

26 Weeks and Three Pounds

I am currently 26 weeks along. I just realized the other day that I am almost in my third trimester, already! Technically the third trimester starts at 28 weeks (though the first one is over at 12 weeks, so logically, you'd think 24 weeks is the mark of the third trimester, but you'd be wrong! lol). I've kind of been thinking we need to get moving! We already have the nursery furniture, since she'll be "inheriting" Madison's. We, um, sort of have a FIRST name...I think (see other post). But other than that, not much. We did clean out the baby's room, since it had all of Madison's outgrown baby toys in it. But right now we're sort of at a standstill. We need to move the furniture INTO that room, but we can't do that until we paint. We can't paint until we've chosen a color that will match her crib bedding, but I haven't ordered it yet. I found one, precisely ONE set that I like, so I just need to order it and wait until we get it. THEN we can decide on a color, paint, move the furniture, decorate, setup her clothes in her furniture and we'll be on our way. I better hurry and order it before crazy Christmas shipping delays start to pile up!

The baby is doing well, kicking up a storm left and right. She was transverse at 20 weeks, and I always felt her kicking on the left side, but now, sometimes I feel her on the other side, so maybe she moved...or maybe in addition to kicking me, she's added punching to her repertoire!

My clothes dont fit anymore (thought I'd get lucky; with Madison I didnt really have to start wearing maternity clothes until around 7months or so, and even then, it was mostly just shirts), so I had to go buy some maternity clothes for work. With Madison, school was about over by the time I needed maternity clothes, so I got away w/shorts and tshirts since it was summertime. Not the case this time around!

Although, here's a curious thought: Where is that bump coming from? My clothes dont fit, I have to wear maternity pants/shirts, etc, yet I've only gained THREE pounds my whole pregnancy! AAAAAAAnd I lost 13pounds in the first trimester due to morning sickness and lack of appetite (not to mention generally eating healthier all along). So I'm still at 10 pounds under from where I started....I even called the dr to double check and make sure I had the numbers right in my head. At 20 weeks, I was the EXACT same weight I was at 12 weeks and down some from 7 weeks. Not that I'm complaining, but it still begs the question...If I haven't gained much weight, why the heck don't my clothes fit?

I guess it's just a pregnancy thing. That and heartburn...oh, so fun. It's pretty bad when even water gives you heartburn. *sigh*

No comments: