Saturday, November 15, 2008

4D Ultrasounds are so neat!



So that is one of Madison's 3D pictures and it was so cool to see her sucking her thumb before she was even born! I can't wait to "meet" my new baby girl with the 4D ultrasound next month.

The good news is that I called today and scheduled my 4D ultrasound, which they recommend doing between 28-31 weeks. I know you CAN do it earlier, but I've seen some friends whose doctors do a 3D/4D every time and they look just freaky when it's earlier in the pregnancy. They look like little skeletons bc the baby fat doesnt start to develop until later on, so its really just a bag of bones. Yuck! LOL

So the "bad" news is that the machine at my doctor's office is currently broken, so I had to schedule it at their North office. Not that it really matters, I guess. So its scheduled for December 22nd. I'm hoping to get a really good, clear shot of the face that Madison can recognize as a baby and I'll put it in a frame for her and let her open it on Christmas (It was really hard to get a clear picture of Madison...they had us go back 4-5 times to try for different shots because her hand was always in front of her face (but I was totally excited to see her that many times!). We kind of joked that she was shy. Um, ya, have you MET Madison? Obviously we were wrong bc this girl does NOT know the meaning of the word shy!). Then that will be her very own picture of her new baby sister to kind of help her get used to the idea and maybe even excited when the new baby is here (I know, probably won't turn out that way, but oh,well...one can hope!). Gordon is off that week, so we're going to go to our appointment in the morning at 11am, and maybe we'll go have lunch and have a nice day with the family. :)

No comments: