So I painted Katelyn's room (new baby due in only 2 months!!!) yesterday morning. Her room and Madison's room have a jack and jill bathroom, (they connect via a bathroom) so the fumes easily go under the bathroom doors to madison's room. So she spent the night at my parents house last night. I had the (large...maybe 42" wide) window open while painting, along with a fan directing air at the open window, left it open for about 7 hours after painting, but closed it when we went to bed. I opened the window and turned the fan on again today while we were home, and it was like that for about 6 hours today. Madison went to my mom's for a while this morning since I had a dentist appt, and she took a nap at my mom's today.
Then when Gordon took Madison upstairs to bed, he said it still smelled like paint, so I went up there and sure enough, it did. So now she and I are at my mom's house for the night; Gordon is still at home...he had to do a few touch ups where he got paint on the ceiling (which we did NOT paint), so he's touching it up w/the paint that came from the home builder when we moved in. But that was just a few spots so shoudlnt add too much to the smell. Guess we'll have to wait it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment