This morning, we stopped by Madison's preschool to drop off some papers and to check and make sure that everything is set and ready for her to start on Monday. Rebecca, the director took us into Madison's classroom and she got to meet Ms. Jaime, who will be her teacher. There are about 12 kids in her class and they all seemed to play well together. Rebecca suggested that Madison stay and play for a while, so she played with the toys and other kids for a bit while I talked to Rebecca about how things work. She said we can bring a crib sheet to keep on her nap mat then just bring in a little pillow and blanket for naps, a change of clothes and her pull ups, bc she'll be potty training in this room. I'm sure it will take no time at all for Madison because she's doing so well at home and when she's at school and seeing her friends using the potty, I'm sure she'll do it more. Rebecca also suggested that I bring Madison in on Friday for movie day, so she can sort of get used to her school. That sounds great to me because I wanted to be able to check on her at some point in the morning on her first day, but on her true first day, I have to be at work. It's not a work day, so I won't be able to leave to check on her. So Friday, I'm going to take her to school (this will help me figure out how long it will take to get her ready in the mornings, too, since I always packed her clothes in her bag and took her to my mom's in her jammies!), and let her play for a bit. Meanwhile, I'm going to go down the street and use my prenatal massage that Madison gave me for Christmas...maybe I'll even sneak in a mani/pedi!
I think I was right when I was worried that Madison wouldn't want to leave school at the end of the day!!! She didn't want to leave her classroom this morning when it was time to leave after our visit. Madison had so much fun playing with the other kids in the classroom. Even as Rebecca and I stood by the outside door talking, Madison kept running clear to the other end of the hallway by her classroom door, just dying to go back in.
I'm excited for her because I think she'll do wonderfully at this school and she'll learn SO much!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey Heather!
I miss chatting with you. I joined Carmen's yahoo board. Tell everyone on NBCC that I said hello and I miss them all. It just seems easier now days doing the yahoo thing. Hope you are feeling and doing well. We are working on Isaac's nursery this week too. Moved Jeff's office down into the former extra guest bedroom/storage. Huge job, but looking great! Doing well here. I am huge today for some reason. Woke up that way and speaking of waddling. Been doing that for awhile now. lol. Oh well! Miss ya!
pam
Post a Comment